Look at me posting about something that happened just two days ago!! It's a Halloween miracle!!
This Halloween was so great! It was full of emotion and the cutest little puppy you've ever seen!! I am already looking forward to Halloweens to come because I just love seeing Samuel have so much fun!
This Halloween was so great! It was full of emotion and the cutest little puppy you've ever seen!! I am already looking forward to Halloweens to come because I just love seeing Samuel have so much fun!
I didn't feel super inspired about what Samuel should be for Halloween this year, so I searched Pinterest and Amazon for some cute ideas of costumes that would be something that Samuel would actually wear. I found a cute puppy costume on Amazon a few weeks ago and decided that would be a good idea for this year. Since Samuel has two puppies of his own, we thought it would be perfect.
The Wednesday before Halloween, the costume came in the mail. That night, I got it out of it's package and put the body of it on Samuel, he didn't seem to like that very much and got mad and cried until I took it off him. I wrote that off that he was just tired because it was getting late in the day, so I put the costume away and thought we'd try again another day.
In the days that followed, I'd occasionally pick up the costume from its place on the dining room table and show it to Samuel and he'd get a really scared look on his face and run away from me.
Finally, on Sunday night, we decided we just had to go for it and put his costume on as a practice run and make him work through it. And, right on cue, he cried and cried because he was so upset about having the costume on. It was so sad but it was the cutest thing ever to see him crying in his puppy costume!
After some snuggling and positive talk, Samuel worked through it and was distracted enough to start playing again - with his costume on!
He played for a while and even interacted with the dogs since they were all one kind for a little while before Millie got excited and knocked him down and Samuel remembered he wasn't happy to have the costume on any longer. So we called it a night and hoped for the best for Halloween night!
On Halloween night, we got home from work a little early and ate supper and then started to get Samuel into his costume. We started slow by just putting on his leggings and onesie that would go under his costume... And then it was the moment of truth - when we would find out if Samuel was going to be a puppy or a brown turd for Halloween this year!
Luckily Samuel was in a pretty good mood after eating supper, that everything seemed to be on the right track!
First we put on his feet and let him walk around in those for a while and then Trent picked up the body of the costume and Samuel ran in the other direction! That's about as dramatic as it got, though, Samuel put on the body of the costume and then the head of the puppy and he was ready to go!
We gave him a bag to hold the candy that he was going to collect, which he loved to hang onto, and we headed out the door to start our Trick or Treating!
Our first stop was across the street at Jim and Anne's. Anne had made Samuel a special treat bag with some chips and crackers, which was very thoughtful! He was a little shy for a few minutes, but then started to get more comfortable, waving at the cars that were driving by and giving Anne some smiles!
We went to two more houses to get candy and show off Samuel's costume before heading back home to start handing out our own candy in the driveway and watch the kids go by. Samuel got compliments on his costume from all the kids and parents that came up to get candy from our house!
Samuel caught on to the whole trick or treat thing pretty quick - pick up candy and put it in the bag! He practiced by taking candy out of our bowl and putting it into his bag :) It was pretty cute!
Halloween went way better this year than I ever thought it would have! I think Samuel really had fun exploring the neighborhood, putting treats into his bag and just watching all the activity!
He was the cutest puppy I've ever seen and I can't wait to see how his excitement grows each year!
Soon, it was bedtime for Samuel, and he slept soundly - I'm sure all the Halloween commotion helped with that! We handed out candy until a little after 8:00 and then we retreated inside as well. I didn't count how many trick or treaters we had this year, but I'm sure it was a couple hundred... We were prepared enough this year to not run out and we actually have some leftover for us to enjoy as well :)












So so adorable!! Cutest puppy ever.
ReplyDelete