I'm sure you're all glad to hear that the flood has subsided, and after three weeks of living in a hotel or staying other places, we are finally moving our things back to our apartment this afternoon. I'm taking off the afternoon to go home and help. I will probably go to get groceries so we can survive again and then just start organizing as the movers bring our stuff back to our apartment. It is bound to be an interesting afternoon/evening trying to get everything back to the way it needs to be. This will be a good opportunity to go through everything and hopefully find some things that we can get rid of. Trent has said that he'll have some stuff for Goodwill, so I'm hoping we both can find some things that we can weed out and not just have it to take up space anymore.
This weekend has the potential to be epic! But I think that the weather may just ruin that. It is supposed to start snowing this evening and leave about 3-5 inches on the ground, so we'll see what kind of wrench that throws in the plans for the weekend.
Luckily, I think that Trent is going to go out before it starts and get Mattie back from Trent's parents. They have been very generous to let her stay with them while we have been staying away from home. It will be so nice to have her back with us again!
The plan was that I was supposed to meet up with some of my friends from college for a very fun girls' day on Saturday of shopping and hanging out, and to make the weekend even more great, my sister and mom are possibly going to come to town on Sunday. So let's just hope that the weather cooperates and that everyone can travel safely and it all gets to happen!
I really am pretty excited for the snow that is coming, though. I am excited for it to look like winter and for everything to be covered with snow (even though I don't like being cold). Regardless of what happens with my plans for the weekend, I know it will be great because I will get to be sleeping in my own bed in our own apartment with my husband and our dog! Talk about wonderful!
I hope you all have a great weekend and stay safe if you have to be out traveling in the snow!
![]() |
| Let it snow! |


I have heard of the floods...glad things have subsided....safe travels indeed!!
ReplyDelete