Sunday, December 11, 2011

This Weekend

Hello! I hope you have all had a great weekend!
I think that our weekend here at the Fredericksen household has been just great! We haven't really had anything we had to do, so it's been great to just do what we want and relax.

I knew it was going to be a great weekend when it all started with Phillies from PepperJax on Friday for supper! Yumm! We watched a few episodes of How I Met Your Mother (which we've been going through from the beginning on Netflix) and then just hung out and Trent played some games and I made a list of the Christmas gifts we still needed to get and messed around on the computer for a while and it was just great.

On Saturday, we slept in late (me a lot longer than Trent) and then I got up and went out and did a little shopping. I picked up some things that I had ordered at one store and then went to JoAnn's and bought a few things for some crafts that I am going to do. I majorly had to resist buying all of the super cute and largely discounted Christmas stuff that they had! (I decided that I am going to do a lot of after-Christmas sale shopping in a few weeks!) I then got some groceries and made my way home.

When I got home, Trent was finishing up the second book in The Hunger Games series that he had started earlier that day (Very good books, you should all read them!). I finally brought in the box of Christmas stuff that had been in my trunk since we got it from my parents' house on Thanksgiving, so we turned on some Christmas music, I made supper and Trent read, and we put the tree up. The apartment smelled good, and there was Christmas music on and I just loved it! I know it was kind of late to get the tree up and do the little decorating that we did, but I decided that this was our first Christmas being married and we were going to have a tree! It is the perfect tree for the space we have with our special ornaments on it. Just precious!

(please excuse the pictures taken on my phone)
Our tree!
The ornament Trent got me for our first Christmas when we were dating.
My special ornament from the O'Connors back in 2009.
Later on, we went to Target and got some more Christmas shopping done and then came home and watched The Dilemma and the first Lord of the Rings movie. I made some puppy chow and started on my craft project: making fabric flower rosette hair clips. I learned how to do them from the Cherry Street Cottage blog.  They are getting better with each one so I can't wait to see how my next ones turn out! Here are my first three that I made.


Today, we slept in again and then watched a few more episodes of How I Met Your Mother. I just finished coloring my hair. It was my first time doing it all by myself, but I think it turned out wonderfully! We'll see what it's like when I actually do my hair for work tomorrow.

This blog post today is just another reason for me to put off studying for my next CPA Exam test which is happening in just 60 short days! So far today, I've put off studying by sleeping in, watching How I Met Your Mother, coloring my hair, watching an episode and a half of Kim and Kourtney take New York and half an episode of House Hunters. I have at least gotten myself to the computer now, but the next step would be to actually study! I've decided that I am going to have to start getting up early this week to study because that seems the be the only time that I am not completely distracted by something else. My only distraction in the morning would be trying to keep myself awake, which I can handle for the most part! I figure that I can start by getting up at 5:00 or 5:30, 3 or 4 days a week or so and then when we're about a month out, I can move it to 5 days a week. I did it for the last test, so I can do it again! Stephanie, who I work with and is also taking the CPA Exam, just found out last week that she passed her 2nd test. I'm so excited for her! I can't wait until I can say that I'm halfway done!

Well, that's enough for now, I'm off to study for a few hours now. Hopefully I won't find anything else that is going to distract me :)

No comments:

Post a Comment