Wednesday, March 14, 2012

A House for Us!

UPDATE: We didn't end up getting this house. The house didn't appraise for the price we had agreed on and the sellers wouldn't come down to that price, so we walked away. It's okay though because we ended up in what I think is a better house in a better neighborhood! :) But feel free to read about the house that was almost ours!

I am so excited to say that Trent and I bought a house!! 

We have known for a while that with Trent's job change, we were going to be moving and most likely going to be buying a house, so we started casually looking about 5 months ago. Then, when his job was approved officially about a month ago, we were ready to look for real.

We looked at a total of about 20 houses. Some were instant no's and others had potential. We made an offer on one house a few weeks ago but the sellers decided that they weren't sure if they wanted to sell their house, so we decided we weren't going to wait around for them to make up their minds and kept looking. I was sad about that, but in the end, really know that everything happens for a reason and can now very much tell that that house wasn't OUR house. (Especially after seeing our house now)

So, about a week and 9 or so houses later, we came across this beauty, which I am proud to call OURS!!


I do have to say that I wasn't in love with it when we first saw it just because I didn't have very high expectations going in, but as we walked through the house, there wasn't really anything that I didn't like. I just went into it with the frame of mind that I wasn't going to like it... Turns out, that the house is perfect. 

We close on the house in May and I can't wait until we get to move in and make the house our own! I am so excited to decorate and have people over and eventually add to our family in our house.  It's so exciting to think about all of the memories we are going to make in our new home!

3 comments:

  1. CONGRATS! What part of Omaha is it in? Looks far away from our Dundee bungalow haha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Yea, it is not quite in Dundee. It's out west at about 164th. Gonna be a little bit longer of a drive to work!
      After we move, I'll have to continue my midtown living experiences through reading your blog!

      Delete
  2. Ahhhh!! This is so very exciting. I'm very happy for you. Having a place to call home is such a wonderful feeling. I'm sure you will have the cutest decorated house in the world. I can't wait to see pictures of the inside. Love you!!

    ReplyDelete