Sunday, March 4, 2012

Girls' Weekend 2012

So, this is LONG overdue...

A few weekends ago, we celebrated the 5th Annual Jons Family Girls' Weekend! It is when my mom, two aunts, cousins, and sister all get together and get our nails done, go out to eat, do a little shopping, and stay over night in a hotel and just spend time together. It is always so much fun and something that I look forward to each year.

On Saturday, we all met up at the mall. Some of us got there a little early and had lunch or did a little shopping, but we all met up at 1:00 at the nail salon for manicures and pedicures. To commemorate it being our 5th year of having this get-together, we all got matching shirts.

Pedicures! All in our matching shirts :)
The guy taking the picture cut me out of the
picture, but that's my knee on the right :)
After we were all done, we did a little shopping. I wasn't intending on buying anything, but I saw some really cute stuff and couldn't resist. So I bought a new pair of shoes, a shirt for work, and a new purse [which was much needed!! =)]

Then, we all made our way to the hotel to check in and get settled for the evening. The hotel we were staying at has a manager's reception each evening, so we all gathered together for a few drinks and some snacks before heading to supper. For supper we went to a pizza place that I thought was pretty good. (but I love pretty much all pizza, so I'm probably not one to judge!)

After supper, we went back to the hotel and all took part in a new little thing for this year. Each of us was tasked to bring something that was between 1 and 2 dollars that was something that reminded everyone of you or the weekend or something of the sort. We each took turns putting our things in a bag for all of the others and then when we were all done, we pulled out one item at a time and had to guess who had brought that item. There was some really creative and cute things. My mom brought us all a little turtle from her personal collection at home, which I thought was a great idea and loved very much; Aunt Doreen brought a little angel for us all; Aunt Barb brought a Sudoku book for each of us; Stephanie brought a bunch of little things to remind us of her and her family, including a picture of 9 month old Austin and it was all wrapped in a diaper; and I brought a magnetic picture frame for the fridge and I wrote "Family" on them and embellished some of them. (There were other gifts, but you get the picture)

After that, we all made our way down to the swimming pool for a while. We didn't last very long down there because the pool was swamped with little kids and high school boys who were in town for the state wrestling tournament. Not exactly our kind of crowd :)

Back up in our rooms, we played Catch Phrase for a while and laughed and had a lot of fun before heading to bed. We can all get pretty silly and it's so much fun to be able to just catch up and hang out all together. I love  our girls' weekend.

I had to take of pretty early the next morning to head to my niece's 5th birthday party, but had a lot of fun and can't wait until next year!!

1 comment: