Yesterday started out to be an awesome day with some great news...
I got to work and was working away at my computer when Trent popped up on my Google Chat and said "Want to have some champagne tonight?" and with that I was instantly smiling ear to ear because I knew exactly what that meant. Since late November/early December, there has been a job change in the works for Trent. It is a promotion that will result in his department hiring two new employees who he will supervise. I'm super happy for him. I'm sad to say, though, that we didn't really didn't properly get to enjoy his good news for very long because of my own selfishness and being all wrapped up in my own bad feelings... I didn't realize that I had acted like that until this morning, so that makes me feel even worse about being so selfish...
And the bad news...
Yesterday also happened to be the day that my second CPA test scores were released. I was very nervous to find out what my score was, but I really was deep down kind of confident in what it would be. But when I went to check my score the score I saw was not what it needed to be. Thus, I will be retaking the test.
It really was a big let down and the thought of having to sit through that 4 hour test again just makes me want to cry (okay, so maybe I already did cry). It also is embarrassing to share that news with everyone because this wasn't supposed to happen to me. Although it does make me feel a little better that the overall passing rate for that test in 2011 was less than 45%. But, like I said, I wasn't supposed to be a part of the 55% that didn't pass. Ugh...
So my plans of being done with all this nonsense by May is pretty much shot. I am revamping my schedule to fit in this retake and pray that this is the only one that I have to redo. Instead of taking the test that I had started studying for on April 2, I am going to retake my Audit test then. And then I'll take BEC in May and take my hopefully last test in July because you can't take any of the tests in June. (That makes me so sad to say I won't be done until at least July.)
I have no one to blame buy myself for not passing and I guess I just have to cram that stuff into my head even more and get to know the information even better so I can definitely pass next time. I know I'm not the first one to have not passed one of these tests and will by no means be the last. But that doesn't really make me feel any better! =) Oh well, I guess...
I thought it was appropriate that this quote came up on my Twitter yesterday...
So, with that... Here we go again!


Ugh I hate studying. You'll do better the second time around, I just know it!
ReplyDelete