I know this post is a little late, but I've been seeing a lot about the Nebraska High School Boys State Basketball Tournament and it got me thinking about the Iowa Girls State Basketball Tournament, and so I wanted to write a little about it and how proud I am to be a Rocket fan!
On Monday, February 20, the Ar-We-Va Rockets played in the Regional Finals and won their game to qualify for the State tournament for the 2nd year in a row. I am so proud of them for the way they played and despite being down 9 points at the beginning of the 4th quarter, they fought back to win by 5 points. It was so exciting!! I certainly did a lot of jumping up and down during that game! We were off to The Well again!
| Our family!! (minus the husbands) So proud of our dad/husband, the Coach, and the team!! |
![]() |
| The team! ON TO STATE! |
| Kellsey and I with Danielle |
| Kellsey and I. NUMBER 1!!! |
A week after winning their Regional Final game, they went on to play at the State Tournament in Des Moines. It was such a great feeling to be back at Wells Fargo Arena watching them play again. It was so fun to be there for the second year to see the excitement in all the girls' faces and see how happy it made my dad, the other coaches and all of the Rocket fans. The girls played very hard and the game was right within their reach, but the ended up losing in a heartbreaking 1-point game. I think that everyone felt very sad and even shocked about the loss, and I know we all would have liked to make two more trips to Des Moines that week but that doesn't take away one ounce of how proud we are of the whole team. And you can bet that isn't the last they've seen of the Ar-We-Va Rockets at the State Tournament in the coming years! :)
Click here to read about what I wrote after last years State Tournament when the Rockettes took home the 2nd place trophy and to read about how much I love my dad and how proud he makes me.
(It comes from my old blog)
You can also check out the video I made last year here.


No comments:
Post a Comment