Wednesday, March 28, 2012

The Ultimate Wedding Week: The Reception

Welcome to the next post for The Ultimate Wedding Week. Today I am going to share a little about our reception.

I am linked up with Natasha from Hello! Happiness.


After the ceremony, and taking a few pictures inside the church, the wedding party hopped on a cute little white bus and headed to the reception site. We had some random bottles of champagne on hand for everyone to have a little toast with and just enjoyed a few minutes of hanging out before the party continued.

Meghan was on champagne duty


A toast!
Us having a little moment in the back of the bus.
When we got to the reception site, we took some time to take some more pictures. The scenery at the reception site was a little more aesthetically pleasing, so I was anxious to get some more pictures there. Looking back now, I wish we would have taken some more/different pictures that we didn't get from that day, but eventually I'll forget about those 'forgotten' pictures and life will go on :)









I love my sister's face in this one! 


Me with all my favorite girls! They are the best!





Meanwhile, back at the reception. The photographers weren't the only ones taking pictures!

John Paul and his little sister Anya (who I babysat throughout my college years)
Taking pictures of each other taking pictures :) They're so cute!
And then it was time to cut the cake. My amazing Grandma made our cake. I have wanted her to make my wedding cake ever since I was a very young girl, so I was so happy that she was willing to do it. Her cakes are amazing. I think she was shocked that I wanted something so simple, but it was perfect!



I love his face in this one. Like he's up to no good!

After the cake, Grandma Kock said grace before we ate. Another thing that I was so pleased to have her do.

Taylor taking a peek during the prayer
My beautiful best friends!
Family
More family
 While we were waiting for more of our family to make their way down for some pictures, Trent and I took a few more pictures on the golf course.




Family
Last of the family! We are so blessed!
Back inside, after we were done with family pictures, it was time for some toasts.
My dad said a few words
And then it was my sister's turn. We have been through so much together and it was so great to hear the wonderful things she had to say. She's the best!

I love her!
And then it was Trent's dad's turn.
I'm pretty sure my brother is texting under the table... sweet life, Jared!
Trent's dad is so sweet, he seriously said the nicest things about
 me and our relationship. I don't know how I got so lucky to have
such an amazing father-in-law. 

After the toasts, it was time for our first dance to Francesca Battistelli's "A Hundred More Years" 
I wish I could go back and freeze the moment of our first dance so I can remember exactly how it felt. That was another moment that went way to fast!
P.S. We're going to a Francesca Battistelli and Jeremy Camp concert tomorrow night. I can't wait!!!







And then I danced with my dad while Trent danced with his mom to Rascal Flatt's "I Won't Let Go"
I absolutely love this picture of Trent dancing with his mom while his dad looks on.


I love my dad!
And finally, it was time to open up the dance floor for everyone to dance!
My parents
My brother and sister. They look absolutely trilled!!
Trent's parents
Trent sister, her husband and their oldest daughter. 
My cousin, Cooper, getting down on the dance floor.
He was the life of the party!

My Grandparents. Married for 60 years and still as in love as ever!
Instead of the bouquet toss, we did the Anniversary dance. We started out with everyone dancing on the floor and couples were periodically eliminated throughout the song, starting with the couples who were not married and then who had been married the shortest amount of time, etc until we were left with one couple, my Grandparents, who have been married for 60 years.
We then did the whole garter thing. I didn't even have a garter because I wasn't planning on doing the whole shindig. (I wasn't too excited about having Trent up my dress in front of all my family...) But it is a family tradition to auction of the garter at each of our family's weddings, so my dad, being the great dad that his is, found me a garter to use and we proceeded with the whole production. In the end, I was happy that we did this!
This picture captures how excited I was about this!

Trent put on a good show for everyone! I was amused!

And then the auction began. The guys in my family like to put on a big production with this whole auction thing. It is so fun though! I love watching them bid against each other at all of the weddings. They were hit hard this year though, we had 3 family weddings within 5 months. I guess that's just more guys to add to the family to add money to the pot for the next wedding! What amazing family we have!! 





Handing over the garter!
Winner!
And then, we all danced some more until we were kicked out of there!





What an amazing wedding day it was! Trent and I were both very exhausted by the end of the night and ready to get out of there! It was so fun to be able to celebrate with all of our family and to leave there as husband and wife. 
I think I'm about ready to plan another wedding... I think we should do that every year! (Well, at least the dressing up in a wedding dress and dancing and celebrating with all our friends and family!) Who's with me?!?

Check out:

1 comment:

  1. awww, the pictures of your first dance are so sweet :) i loved getting this glimpse into your reception- thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete