Wednesday, March 21, 2012

The Ultimate Wedding Week: Engagement Pictures

I came across this blog, a charmed life, today. And Jill, the blogger, is hosting The Ultimate Wedding Week Link Party. I am a day behind (today was the rehearsal), so hopefully I can get caught up (doubtful since I do have a slightly big test coming up in less than 2 weeks), but I wanted to join in regardless. I will get it all written down even if I don't do it "on time" I guess. I never have blogged about our wedding and I do want to write down some things so I have the pictures and words all in one place so I can remember them when I'm old.

The engagement picture day was hosted by Just a Touch of Gray. So head over there to check out lots of other brides' engagement pictures.

So on to our engagement pictures... 

Trent and I got engaged on September 18, 2010. It was a rainy day and we had planned to go hiking that day at the church camp where he had gone when he was little near Dayton, Iowa. We got to a cliff that overlooked a very beautiful little creek and trees called "The Top of the World" and Trent wanted to take my picture by the sign that overlooked the trees below. He got the camera (and the ring) out of the backpack I was wearing and took my picture. Then, when I went up to take the camera from him to take his picture, he instead hugged me and told me he loved me and a bunch of really nice stuff (I kind of blacked out at this moment for a little bit because I realized what was coming) and then got down on his knee and asked me to marry him. It was such an amazing and happy moment. 
"Top of the World"
Pre "Will you marry me?"
We're Engaged!!!
So happy!
He also surprised me with meeting our parents for lunch and then we spent the rest of the day driving around and telling all of our family the good news and began talking about our future together.

We took our engagement pictures about a month later in downtown Omaha. It was a fun day. Our photographer was really fun to work with (even though he's lacked in some other areas) and got some really good pictures. Here are some of my favorites! (Beware: lots of kissing ahead..)















1 comment:

  1. I love the slides. Did you bring waxed paper? Then you go so fast you might get injured... haha, but it's so fun. Your pictures are amazingly gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete