I did make time on Thursday to go a Francesca Battistelli and Jeremy Camp concert with Trent, my friend, Lauren, and her cousin. It was so amazing. We were a little late because I didn't get out of work until later, but we made it just in time to see Francesca sing. She was so great. I absolutely love her voice and she sings such amazing songs. She is currently about 6 months pregnant and I could kind of tell that she was acting kind of funny during the concert because she kept not singing all of the lyrics in the songs and kept either leaning over or sitting down the majority of the time. Sure enough, a little while into the concert, she said she was going to have to be done because she kept thinking she was going to pass out. It was kind of sad that she had to cut her singing short, but I am pretty sure that no one there wanted to her pass out on stage!
Then, it was time for Jeremy Camp to sing. He is so great. I love his voice and it was made 100 times better because we were there in person hearing him sing. One of the reasons that I love going to concerts is because you get so much more from the singer while watching them rather than listening to them on the radio. They can take the songs that you have heard many times over the years and add so much more to it through the emotion that they can share and the stories that they tell about how the songs came about and what they intended to be portrayed through the creation of that song.
One of the songs that I had heard a million times over the past few years that really struck a new cord with me what his song "Walk By Faith". In the song, he sings the lyrics, "I will walk by faith even when I cannot see because these broken roads prepare Your will for me." What a testament to how we should live?!? Something that I have struggled with at times. These things that happen to us that we see as so messed up or bad or inexplicable really are a part of God's plan and we need to have the faith to believe that He will take care of us.
Another song that I love is called "This Man" and with Easter coming up, it really hits a place in my heart and makes me think. In it, he sings:
In only a moment truth was seen, revealed this mystery.
The crown that showed no dignity he wore.
And the King was placed for all the world to show disgrace,
but only beauty flowed from this place.
I could go on and on with songs that I love and words that spoke to me, but I'll let you dig around more if you'd like :) Here we are at the concert (sorry, not very good quality pictures):

So, I spent most of the weekend studying for my test this morning. I was retaking the test that I had failed in February, so the fact that I feel like I can't fail again made it very nerve wracking for me. I, all of the sudden, felt like I didn't have enough time to prepare. By the time yesterday evening rolled around though, I was pretty sick of studying and didn't know what more to do. I felt like there was so much more that I needed to know but really didn't know where to start. I felt like I knew the things I was studying, so I kind of took that as a sign that I was prepared enough for what I was heading into...
This morning, I wasn't really that nervous until I pulled up to the building. I got there around 7:08, but didn't really wanna go in TOO early (my check in time was about 7:30), but I could only make myself sit in the car for 2 more minutes before heading inside. I had wanted to be the first on there anyways (and I was) so that worked out well. I was able to get right in there and get going on the test.
I don't really remember how I felt last time, but I do know that I feel a little better overall this time. I don't want to be over confident (because I thought that I had passed last time and look what happened) but I know there are some questions that I got 100% right and there are question that I absolutely remember seeing in my studying so I'm pretty positive that I got them right and I don't really remember feeling like that last time, so I hope these are all good things...
I don't find out how I did on this on until around May 7 and I take my next test around the 11th of May... so I'm just going to get to the studying and not worry about this one anymore until I have to.
I, along with some of my co-workers, got invited to go to a Creighton baseball game tomorrow night as a little recognition thing from work, so I'm taking tomorrow off from studying and then I'll get back to the routine on Wednesday. I don't have as long to study for the next one, so I've gotta really get to it!


No comments:
Post a Comment