On Monday night, Trent and I went to see Bruno Mars in concert here in Omaha. We got the opportunity to purchase tickets to the sold out show through Morningside, so we took them up on their offer and Trent took me to the concert as an early birthday present.
The opener for the night was Aloe Blacc, who was good. He sings songs like The Man and Wake Me Up. He has a great voice and was enjoyable, but he was nothing compared to Bruno (not that it was his fault or anything... since Bruno is the headliner and got all the cool lights and all that!).
From the moment that Bruno took the stage, it was so entertaining. The lights and the dancing and his voice and everything was just perfect! His songs were all great, even the ones we didn't know were still awesome because they had such an entertainment factor to them.
One of my favorite parts of the concert was when he sang When I was Your Man. The whole place got dark and everyone was more subdued. You could tell that it was personally an emotional song for him. A lot of the crowd got out the flashlights on their phones and held them up, and it just created a corny but very cool atmosphere. Below is a picture from during that song with him in the spotlight on the right and the crowd holding up their phones.
He sang all his songs like Treasure, Moonshine, Natalie, and Grenade, among others. Bruno and his band members looked like a boy band up on the stage a lot of the time with their choreographed dancing and the way they moved around the stage. It kind of brought me back to the 98ยบ and NSYNC concert days! But that is definitely a good thing!
Bruno ended the show with Just the Way You Are and that was another good one because it was a softer song and I love it when you can hear the crowd singing over the singer's voice sometimes. So cool! The picture below was taken during his "last song." I love how the lights are shining on the crowd and you can really see the masses of people that were there. Of course, when that song was over, the band all left but the lights stayed low and the crowd didn't stop cheering, because everyone knows they were coming back again!
When he came back out for the encore he sang Locked Out of Heaven and Gorilla. I think the Locked Out of Heaven performance was my favorite of the night. It started with him out on the stage alone playing the drums and the crowd was just so loud and excited and the lights and atmosphere were just awesome. Towards the end of the song, gold and silver confetti filled the arena and it was just so incredible. Whatever they were trying to accomplish with their big show totally worked on me. It was great.
The first song of his encore was very much like his Super Bowl Halftime performance from last year's Super Bowl, so I definitely think you should watch that if you want to get an idea of what we experienced!
Below is a compilation of videos that I took during the concert. I was hesitant to post it because I didn't want the cops to show up at my door and arrest me for recording at the concert, but I figured that they aren't even good videos anyway and if you search on YouTube for "Bruno Mars Concert" you're bound to find a lot better quality and longer videos of him in concert than what I've got below!
The first five clips are Snapchat videos that I recorded, so they are all 9 seconds or less and really bad quality, but I think they are still kinda cool. The first one was at the beginning of the concert when he came out. The curtain that was covering the stage dropped and it all began! Then there's a video of the crowd during When I Was Your Man when everyone had their phones out. The rest of the shorter clips are just random things from during the concert and the last one is about 45 seconds long and was Just the Way You Are, the last song of the main concert. Hopefully they help you understand more about why I've been raving on about the concert for far too long in this post! :) It definitely was a great concert and I am so happy that Trent took me for my birthday! It was a great present!





No comments:
Post a Comment