Monday, October 26, 2015

Samuel Davey - Two Months


Weight:
At his 2 month check up, Samuel weighed in at 17 pounds 8 ounces, which is greater than the 100th percentile. Someone's gotta be the front of the pack :)

Height:
He is now 25 inches long - 97th percentile
His head circumference is 43 cm. - 98th percentile

Clothes:
He's been transitioning from 6 month clothes to 9 month!! Ahh!! The 6 month onesies still fit for the most part (he's getting a little long for some of them) but the pants don't so much anymore!

Sleep:
His long stretch at night is now usually between 4 and 7 hours. I usually just have to get up once and he's fairly easy to get back to sleep after he gets changed and eats. He'll then sleep for another 2 more hours or so. We need to start working on timing his bedtime more appropriately so we know how it's going to work once I go back to work and have to get up and get ready in the morning. I'm not really ready for that, though!

Likes:
Samuel still likes to eat. He likes when people talk to him and make him smile. He still likes being held tight and walked around and he likes to have songs sung or hummed to him. A few songs that I frequently bust out for him are Twinkle Twinkle, Happy Birthday, Jesus Loves Me, and occasionally even the Ar-We-Va Fight Song.
He still likes to suck on his fists, as he hasn't quite figured out how to get his thumb into his mouth yet.
Samuel likes baths pretty well. He just chills out in his little tub, and the last few times, he's even shown his enjoyment with big smiles at me while I sing him "Rubba Dub Dub, Samuel's in the Tub!!"

Dislikes:
He doesn't like being burped upright over someone's shoulder after eating. He doesn't like to let himself go to sleep at times and he doesn't like being hungry (But who does)! He also still isn't a big fan of tummy time quite yet, but we're getting there.

Milestones/Development:
Samuel has started to open his hands more and can focus on toys we hold in front of him and tries as hard as he can to swat at it. I know he'll get better at that in the weeks to come! We can place the toys in his hands and he'll hang on to them for a little while, too.
He is really quite the social smiler. He usually wakes up pretty happy in the morning. Nothing beats his big smile when I walk up to his crib in the morning and tell him hello!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

At Samuel's 2 month checkup, the doctor used the word "perfect" to describe him and we absolutely agree! He got his 2 month immunizations at this appointment and he screamed as loud and hard as he could when they poked him with the shots. It went pretty quick, though, and he was fine after about a minute when his daddy could pick him up and cuddle him. He then slept pretty much the rest of the evening after we got home.

Samuel made his first trips to Nana and Papa's in Ankeny and to Grandma Kock's and The Observer office in Westside this month. They were quick stops, but they were the first of many!

I have loved spending all my days with him again this month. The time is going much too fast and in just three short weeks, I'll be back at work and we'll be starting what the rest of our lives will be like! I'm going to miss kissing those chubby baby cheeks anytime I want during the day! Heck, I miss him now when he takes a several hour nap in the same room as me, I know I'm not going to like being away from him 10 hours at a time each day! I'm going to make the best out of these three weeks - hopefully the weather will be nice enough for us to go out on some adventures for a few hours each day! 

Samuel has accumulated quite a few nicknames in his short life. A few of them that have been spoken are Buddy, Babooshka, Honey Bear, Snuggle Bug, Stinker, and Sweetie Pie, among others. We'll see if any of them stick and how many other things he gets called over the years!

We haven't started a real routine for bedtime yet, as he's still not scheduled enough with his sleep, but we've started thinking about it. Reading books will definitely be a part of the routine, though, and when he's in the mood, I read to him in the chair in his room, We've gotten about halfway through his Jesus Storybook Bible. I know that's a book we'll read many times throughout his childhood. It's such a good one!

Overall, Samuel is just the best. He really only gets crabby when he's hungry or tired (and by crabby, I mean he cries very hard!) and he has lots of smiles to go around. I can't wait for him to start laughing and showing his little personality even more!

He gets pretty mesmerized by the camera when I get it out, so he wouldn't smile for any of the pictures I took of him this month (and the ones I got are blurry! argh!) even though he totally can! 










1 comment:

  1. He's precious!! Sounds like he's doing wonderful. :) He's rocking the top of the charts and Eliana is hanging out below the charts .. I cannot WAIT to get a picture of them together .. it will be humorous. I think he's perfect, too, so you must have a smart doctor. ;) Yay for long sleep stretches! Boo for going back to work!

    ReplyDelete