Tuesday, July 17, 2018

Baby #2 - 18 Week Update!

 
How far along: 18 Weeks
Date: July 17, 2018
Baby size: The size of an old Nintendo Gameboy
Baby milestones: Our baby's skeleton is changing from soft cartilage to bone and the umbilical cord is growing stronger and thicker. She now weighs about 5 ounces and is around 5 inches long!
Weight Gain:
Maternity clothes: Same story as last week. Wearing mostly maternity pants because that's what is comfortable, but I do wear some non-maternity shirts that are more baggy. Still need to go shopping!
Stretch marks: Just old ones as of right now!
Have you started to show yet: Yes, but I still feel like it could be questionable if I've just gained some weight sometimes!
Belly button in or out: The outside of the top is out, the rest is still in... will be interesting to see how it ends up this time!!
Wedding rings on or off: On without any problems
Symptoms: Nausea if I get too hungry, decreased desire to eat but I have to eat otherwise *bleh*. Muscles stretching in my abdomen as well!
Food cravings: I wouldn't say I have any cravings... I'd just not eat if I could get away with it. I could go for a smoothing more often than not, though. I haven't had one in a while, so maybe I should get on that...
Aversions: Nothing and everything at the same time... < Same as last week!
Movement: Yes!!! I felt the baby for the first time and was pretty certain that was what it was last Friday when I was sitting in the parking lot waiting to go in to my appointment. And every day since then, I've felt the baby poke me a few times every day!! And I love it!! :)
Labor signs: None.
Mood: Good for the most part. Still don't like dreading eating and I'd rather lay on the couch than do anything else, but I guess I can't live like that! I get more quiet after work because I'm tired and not looking forward to eating supper.
Sleep: I'm sleeping pretty well lately. Need to work on going to bed earlier... Sleep is good!
Dreams: None that I remember this week! (but I haven't really been trying, to remember either!)
Miss anything: Feeling like I'm in control of my life... if that makes sense. I just want to sleep, so I haven't been able to force myself to get up in the mornings like I used to and the nights go so quickly that I feel like I don't get much done at night and it's a battle between going to bed early and trying to do something / anything in the evening after Samuel goes to bed...
Gender prediction: I still kind of have the girl feeling, but you know I don't know!
Names: Still working on it, but haven't decided anything or really talked seriously about it yet. We don't really feel the pressure to decide, yet, so we'll figure it out! We have some good contenders!
Have you told family and friends: Yup
Best moment of the week: Feeling the baby move for the first time (and realizing that's really what it was!). Spending the weekend with Isabella and also being able to spend Saturday with Trent and Samuel and Trent's family. Seeing Samuel so happy!!
Looking forward to: Buying some maternity clothes! Celebrating Jared and Kenzie's upcoming wedding at Kenzie's shower this weekend.
Not looking forward to: Trent being gone Friday night - Sunday again to go camping. At least it's the weekend, though!
Samuel's current thoughts: Occasionally Samuel will rub my belly and say something about the baby (after school last week, he rubbed my boob and said he was saying hi to the baby lol. I had to correct him to tell him the baby was in my belly!) but he doesn't talk much about it. When he got in the car with Isabella and I on Saturday before we all went out to lunch, he asked if Izzy came out of my belly, so he gets a little confused about it being a totally different baby, but he'll get there! He did really great being around Isabella on Saturday, so I am sure he'll do great when the baby gets here (most of the time anyways!)

18 Weeks with Samuel and with Baby #2!

No comments:

Post a Comment