Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Catch Up

It feels like quite a bit has happened since the last time I posted, so I just wanted to do a quick catch up of what's been going on in the past few weeks!

1. We had a family weekend in Des Moines. I can't believe it has been almost a month since this happened! It was actually part of us kids’ Christmas presents, but we were all very busy through the first part of the year and my dad was busy coaching his basketball team to the State Tournament J So the end of April was the first time that we could all get together. It also turned into an anniversary celebration for my parents. They have been married for 30 years!

We all met up at our hotel and my mom and sister and I went and got our nails done and then we all went out to eat and other shenanigans followed by heading back to the hotel and hanging out in the hot tub for a while followed by staying up and playing some games in the lobby of the hotel. I love family time and I hope that we get to do this again next year!


Family picture after eating out.
2. Our house appraised!! After we lost our last house we thought we bought due to it not appraising for the amount we has agreed to buy it for, we were not going to be completely certain that we had our current house until we found out what it appraised for. Thankfully, it did! It was such a relief to finally make concrete plans on when we were going to be closing on the house and moving and actually call it our house! We close on the house TOMORROW! Let the fun begin!
3. I took my 3rd CPA exam test. I took the test on Friday the 11th. I was VERY nervous for the test. I just didn't feel ready and confident with it and wasn't really sure how to get to the point where I was confident in it. So I just had to go for it. I really couldn't tell you how the test went. There were a few things that I know that I for sure got right, but there are things that really could go either way. There was probably only one or two questions that I had never heard of before, so I at least had a chance on all the rest of them! I used pretty much all of my time with this test. I think that I clicked out of it with less than 30 seconds left! So we'll see how it goes... I will find out about the test this week (today or tomorrow). It makes me super nervous to even think about it, so I just hope for good news...

4. We celebrated my cousin, Danielle's high school graduation with a party at her dad's house. A lot of people came to celebrate with her. We had fun hanging out and eating all of the good food. (And there was a lot!)

Cousin picture!
 5. After Dani's graduation party, I spent the night at my parents’ house and got to be there and hang out until it was time for us all to go to a friend’s wedding in a nearby town. It was a beautiful and fun wedding. I got to see some friends from college that I hadn't seen in quite a long time, so that was a blast. I wished my mom a Happy Mother's Day morning and then was off to Trent's parents' house.

6. We spent Mother’s Day at Trent’s parents’ house. We grilled out and sat out on the deck for a few hours. It was a beautiful day. Trent helped his dad do a little work on their yard and I got to play with our nieces in the yard. A wonderful Sunday!

7. We started packing all of our stuff throughout this past week to get ready to move. Our apartment now looks a little like this…

8. I went on a little mini family trip to Huron, South Dakota to celebrate my cousin Spencer’s graduation. They had great food and it was so fun to see family that I hadn’t seen in a while. And there’s nothing like riding 4 hours in a van with your family and grandparents!

My Great Aunt Jeanne, cousin Angie, Grandma Kock,
and cousin Chris at the graduation party
Hopefully that encompasses most of what's been going on over the past few months. Other than that, I've just been working and taking a little break from studying, which has been nice! Hopefully I get good news on this test and I can look forward to only having to study for one more test!!

I also can't wait to document our experiences in our new house! We had our walk through yesterday to make sure everything was A-OK before we took possession. The current owners were in the process of moving out while we were there, so we got to meet the wife of the couple. She was very nice and I thought it was kind of cool to be able to meet her and hear how much she enjoyed living in the house and the neighborhood. Also, seeing their stuff getting cleared out of there and seeing some empty rooms just got me even more excited to get our stuff in there! I am so excited that the time for us to move is almost here... FINALLY!

1 comment:

  1. It was great to see you all at Spencer's graduation party. Wish we would have had more time to visit. See you at the Bell Reunion if not before.

    Love
    Uncle Paul

    ReplyDelete