It’s hard to believe that on Tuesday, Trent and I celebrated our 1 year anniversary. It feels like this year has just flown by. Just yesterday we got engaged and planned our wedding… then we had became husband and wife… and now here are with a year of marriage under our belts…
![]() |
| Me and my hubby on our wedding day |
This past weekend we got all of our stuff moved into our new house and got some stuff situated (more on that later) and then both Trent and I took the day off yesterday to spend the day together and get a few more things done.
We started off the day by bringing Mattie into the doggy daycare place to check it out and get her applied to start going there. We decided that we would bring Mattie to day care a few times a week so she wouldn’t just be cooped up in the house alone for 10 hours a day. We have been lucky that Trent has always been able to come home to our apartment at lunch time each day and let Mattie out and hang out with her and he had a commute that equated to a 1 minute walk, so Mattie was never home alone for extended periods of time. So anyways… we brought her in and filled out some paperwork and then got to see the play room where she’d hang out with all the other dogs that will be there during the day. As we were standing there discussing it all, I got a little emotional just because I don’t want Mattie to be sad or scared. I don’t want her to think we’re dropping her off and leaving her or not coming back again and all that, so it was just a little sad for the moment. I am really certain that she will have a lot of fun playing with the other dogs and will be a lot better at day care during the day than she would be at home all day alone. I will just be very excited when she gets to the point where we can tell she's excited to get to day care and not be afraid of it or think it's the vet or something!
After we were finished checking out the doggy day care, we made our way back home and did a few more things around the house. There are plenty of boxes to unpack and stuff to put away and things to be washed, so we didn't have any trouble keeping ourselves busy on our last day off from work.
Later that day, my sister was in town for a meeting, so she got to stop by and say hi and take a look at the house, which was great! She even got to try out her new room where she gets to stay when she comes over! Haha!!
| Yes, she is in our linen closet... |
Then, Trent started up The Big Green Egg (our grill) and prepared to make our anniversary supper. We had pork chops, asparagus, and baked potatoes all made on the grill. It was delicious! (As is everything else that Trent has grilled so far since we moved in.) It is so awesome to be able to grill out now and I am definitely loving it!
| Trent grilling our anniversary supper |
Over supper, we talked about how fast the first year of our marriage went and about the exciting things that happened over the course of the year. Among the highlights were our honeymoon to Costa Rica and our house hunting journey. We finished up supper with some cheesecake from The Cheesecake Factory. YUMMM!
| Out on our deck at our new house on our 1st Anniversary |
It was so great to be able to spend a relaxing (yet productive) day at our brand new home together for our first anniversary. What an amazing way to round out a wonderful year! I love Trent so very much. He is the greatest husband and most caring 'dad' to Mattie. He spoils us both with love and I can honestly say that I have everything I could have ever wanted because of him. He constantly goes out of his way to do things that will make me happy, even when it's not something he really wants to do. He calls me out when I'm being a snot and really knows how to make me laugh. I am the luckiest girl in the world and I am so blessed that Trent came into my life. Only God knows what lies ahead of us, but knowing I get to experience everything with the man of my dreams, only makes me excited for all that is to come. Here's to what the next 100 years have in store for us!


Happy Anniversary .. isn't it crazy how fast time flies when you're having fun?!
ReplyDelete