This past Sunday, Trent and I went to Home Depot for a few things and I picked up a little sample of the paint I thought I wanted to use in our family room and kitchen. We brought it home and I tried a little in a couple spots on the wall so we could be sure we liked it. We decided we liked it and would use that color when we finally decided to actually do the painting... Then, I somehow ended up back in the car on my way back to Home Depot to buy some more paint to paint the whole room... strange how those things happen...
I got back home around 3:00 in the afternoon and the fun began. Trent started off taping and doing the trim and I started off with the roller, but as the afternoon went on, we switched tasks every so often. The trickiest parts were doing the windows because we couldn't really figure out how to take down the blinds, so we were stuck painting around and behind them. It got done and looks nice, but it wasn't the funnest thing ever. Then there was the fun of standing on the counters and sitting on the refrigerator to get above the cabinets and moving the ladder all around the room to get to all the ceilings. By the end, I said I wouldn't be sad if I never had to paint those rooms again (even though I'm sure I'll eventually forget about the horror of it and be crazy enough to try it again...) and Trent said he wasn't painting any other rooms in the house at all (we'll see).
We pretty much painted for the rest of the day with only a short break for Trent to grill some steaks for supper (he was very happy to have an excuse to escape the painting for a while) and for us to eat. Right after supper, though, we were right back to it. We finished up for the night at about 12:30 in the morning and by the time we cleaned up and showered and got into bed, it was a little after 1:30... I think it's safe to say that neither one of us knew exactly what we were getting ourselves into when we began painting earlier that day.
The paint color we used was Cumberland Fog by Behr. It dried a little darker/brighter (it's just very blue) than I had thought it would, but I still like it. I believe that I will like it a lot more when there are finally things hung on the walls and the room seems more complete.
![]() |
| The paint swatch from online. It's the middle color. |
Here are some before and after pictures of our family room and kitchen. In the pictures, the paint looks purple to me. I promise, it's not purple, though, it's blue.
Sorry, the kitchen is very messy in both pictures. In the before picture, we were just getting ready to paint and in the after, we hadn't cleaned up all the paint stuff yet... It really looks a little better than that.
After it all, I'm glad we did it and I'm happy it's done. Now we're on to the next project!




No comments:
Post a Comment