Happy Thursday! Only one work day away from another weekend!!
And one more reason for today to be a great day is because I heard this song below on my way to work this morning. I heard this song on K-LOVE earlier this week for the first time and instantly loved it. And then this morning, I was hoping that it'd come on again, and wouldn't ya know it, it did!! WOOT!
And since I love it so much and because it's my favorite song for right now, I wanted you all to hear it as well! It's called Should've Been Me by Citizen Way.
Enjoy! And have a fantastic afternoon!
I've read the story
I've seen the movie
I give to charity
And tithe my ten percent
These I remember
But I so easily forget
All these years never heard it like this
It should've been me
It should've been us
Should've been there hanging on a cross
All of this shame
All of these scars
Should've been stains that were never washed
Why do I hide
Why do you try
Over and over and over again
I guess it just leaves saying thank God
It leaves me saying thank God, thank God
For the should've been
I live a good life
I love a great wife
Our kids are beautiful
We got friends down the street
If I'm so thankful
Why do I easily forget
That you died for all of this
This week I started up my studying again for my next CPA exam test, so I've begun the early mornings again. I'm still trying to figure out my exact plan since getting up at 5 (or 5:15 by the time I quit hitting snooze) doesn't go quite as far as it did when we lived at our apartment because I have to leave 20 or so minutes earlier to get to work at a decent time... but I'm sure I'll figure out a plan. It's also quite a bit harder to study at night because there's just SOOO much stuff that can be done around the house and I get distracted SO easily. :) I can't wait until I get the weight of studying off my shoulders for good and can just get distracted without feeling guilty about it!
I've also been more distracted this week because we've been getting ready to have company over this weekend. We're having our first guests stay since our parents came and stayed with us to help us out right after we moved it! (Yay for having a house big enough for them to all stay - even if some of them have to sleep on air mattresses!) Trent's parents and sister and her family are all coming to stay with us and have a big birthday celebration to celebrate Trent and Jan and Melodie and I's birthdays, which all happen within the next week and a half. Yay for birthdays!
Today is also a great day because the Financial Reporting group here at work got invited to a CWS tailgate and the 4:00 game, so I'm super excited to get out of here a few hours early and enjoy this BEAUTIFUL weather we're having here! So glad it's not the same weather we had earlier this week with temps in the upper 90s!
And since I love it so much and because it's my favorite song for right now, I wanted you all to hear it as well! It's called Should've Been Me by Citizen Way.
Enjoy! And have a fantastic afternoon!
I've read the story
I've seen the movie
I give to charity
And tithe my ten percent
These I remember
But I so easily forget
All these years never heard it like this
It should've been me
It should've been us
Should've been there hanging on a cross
All of this shame
All of these scars
Should've been stains that were never washed
Why do I hide
Why do you try
Over and over and over again
I guess it just leaves saying thank God
It leaves me saying thank God, thank God
For the should've been
I live a good life
I love a great wife
Our kids are beautiful
We got friends down the street
If I'm so thankful
Why do I easily forget
That you died for all of this
When it should've been me
It should've been us
Should've been there hanging on a cross
All of this shame
All of these scars
Should've been stains that were never washed
Why do I hide
Why do you try
Over and over and over again
I guess it just leaves saying thank God
It leaves me saying thank God…
For this heart you changed
This soul you raised
My God for taking my place
It should've been us
Should've been there hanging on a cross
All of this shame
All of these scars
Should've been stains that were never washed
Why do I hide
Why do you try
Over and over and over again
I guess it just leaves saying thank God
It leaves me saying thank God…
For this heart you changed
This soul you raised
My God for taking my place
When it should've been me
It should've been us
Should've been there hanging on a cross
All of this shame
All of these scars
Should've been stains that were never washed
Why do I hide
Why do you try
Over and over and over again
I guess it just leaves saying thank God
It leaves me saying thank God, thank God
For the should've been
It should've been us
Should've been there hanging on a cross
All of this shame
All of these scars
Should've been stains that were never washed
Why do I hide
Why do you try
Over and over and over again
I guess it just leaves saying thank God
It leaves me saying thank God, thank God
For the should've been


No comments:
Post a Comment