Friday, July 6, 2012

My 25th Birthday

On week ago, I turned a whole 25 years old... Crazy, I know.

It was really an awesome day. I started the day off by not getting up early to study (maybe that wasn't a very wise thing to do - but sleep is good!). I slept in until like 5:45 or so! (haha) I then went off to work. I only worked a half day, so that made the day great right from the start.

When I left work, I went and picked up Trent from his work and we went to Smashburger for lunch. Then, after lunch I got to spend the afternoon with one of my best friends, Lauren. And to make it even better, our friend Kaela was coming through town on her way from Kansas City up north to her parents house, so she got to shop by and see us too. Talk about a special birthday present!! :)

After we chatted for a while in the afternoon, it was time for me to head back home to get ready for my evening with my husband. All I had told him that I wanted to do for my birthday evening was have pizza, so that's what we were going to do!
We headed out to the pizza place and he had chosen a place called Mangia Italiana. It was a small, very cute place and it was really good pizza. I would definitely go there again. I had pepperoni and sausage and Trent had a buffalo chicken pizza. And the best part was that we had leftovers for lunch the next day!

After supper, we made our way home and went on a little walk with Mattie. I love taking walks with my little family and it was such a  nice evening, so it was even better.

Then, when we got back inside the house, Trent made me go upstairs because he had to set up a surprise for me. Earlier in the day, he had made me promise that I wouldn't look in the refrigerator, so I thought there was probably some sort of dessert in there... I really had no clue what it was, though. My only guess was cheesecake, but he had already told me earlier in the week that that wasn't it, so I really had no idea. When I was told I could come back downstairs, I walked in to the kitchen to see candles lit up on a very delicious looking fruit pizza. Turns out that when Trent knew that I was gone at Lauren's house for the afternoon, he came home and made the pizza just for me. After all, I did say that I wanted pizza - so I got two kinds of pizza. How great is that?!!

The fruit pizza tasted as good as it looked, too. And there were leftovers of that for days, as well. I think I finally ate the last piece on the Monday evening after my birthday, so I was really able to stretch out all of it's wonderfulness! :)

To top it all off, Trent gave me a gift certificate to a spa - and I cannot wait to use it! A massage and pedicure sound so nice right now!

It really was a special day that encompassed all things that I love: Friends, pizza, well wishes from friends and family, a half a day of work, great weather and time with Trent and Mattie! What an amazing way to spend my birthday!

1 comment:

  1. Glad you had a great Birthday! I could totally eat a fruit pizza right now. ;)

    ReplyDelete