Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Happy 2013!

Happy New Year to you!

I have mixed feelings about saying good-bye to 2012. I know it's not really true, but part of me feels like as 2012 is really in the past, we are all leaving my Dad in 2012. I don't want him to be in the past, I want him to be in my present and future. Every year my cousin, Jocelyn, makes a photo book for Grandma and Grandpa Kock and Aunt Doreen makes a Jons' family calendar using pictures from the past year and as much as I love those things, I hate that there will no longer be any pictures of my dad in them... I just miss him so much and want him to be here and not in the past. 

I am not trying to be a downer. Just being honest. Life goes on and I will remember my dad in 2013 and beyond just as I did in 2012 and before. I know he will always be in my life and be a part of my life, but what I just hate that I miss him so much!

I have a lot that I want to catch up on in my blog. -- things that I had started writing about in November that I was thankful for, Lauren and Alex's wedding, our Thanksgiving, things in our house, and our Christmas this year. I will get there someday. Hopefully soon! But for now I'll share about the fun we had on New Year's this year.

Trent and I were fortunate to be able to ring in the new year with some good friends. Dustin and Tonya from Oklahoma and Luke and Cathy from Wisconsin came on Sunday and stayed with us thought today to help us celebrate the new year. We went out to eat a few times, played some fun games together, played Dance Central on the Kinect, ate a bunch of food, watched some football, and just had a good time.

Just after midnight last night, we were then joined by my wonderful friend Lauren and her husband Alex and some of their friends and we all had a great time just hanging out and eating some more food and playing some games until all hours of the morning. It was a lot of fun and I'm glad that they all came! It was officially our first "party" in our house with friends, I believe, and it wasn't anything fancy but it was a lot of fun and I look forward to having even more!

After our guests left early this afternoon, we cleaned up a bit, but that's about the extent of our productiveness. We've been laying around and napping and watching football and I have been watching a movie (still in my pajamas). Tomorrow is back to reality and the end of my 11 day break from work, which has been very nice. Year-end close starts tomorrow and I hope I come out on the other side of it in one piece! This year, I am going to be attempting to get through year-end close while studying for my upcoming CPA exam, which I have scheduled for January 28th. Call me stupid for trying to do them both at the same time, but I just need to get this thing over with!
The guys hanging out on Sunday night.
Playing games
Trent and Luke's turn at Dance Central
Another year spent with my amazing husband!
The larger group playing some games

Yesica had enough fun!

 I hope you've all had a great first day of 2013!
Happy New Year!

1 comment:

  1. I love you, Kendra!! I got so teary-eyed reading this. While I can't relate to the loss of your father, I can relate to not wanting time to go on because you don't want someone to be in the past. I really struggled knowing that life would go on and things would change and new music and movies would come along that my best friend would never see and hear! It's the little things... I think about you often and keep praying for you! :)

    ReplyDelete