Now that my cram session for taking two CPA exams in two months while being super busy at work is in the past, I have the time to get caught up on all
the things that I'd like to blog about! But now I've got such a list of things
going that that I want to write about, I don't know where to start anymore!!! I have plans to go all the
way back to September and actually finish all of the posts that I have in Draft
mode right now and then go forward from there.
The past couple days it has been very
nice to be able to be able to just relax and think about other things for a while… And hopefully I passed my test that I
took last Thursday and this break from my tests is not really a break but it’s
the end!
If I do pass my test I am just one ethics exam and an application away from
being Kendra Fredericksen, C.P.A. Some days I thought that day would never
come! But now, it's so close!
I took my first test of this year on the 28th of January and
found out that I passed a long three weeks and 4 days later. As I’ve
said before, I vowed to never check to see if I passed a test at work after the
first time I found out I didn’t pass one at work. Simply because that was a
horrible experience! This time, however, I decided to look. I don’t know what
possessed me to do that, but I did… and thankfully it turned out well!
I saw online that scores for the tests started coming out early afternoon on Friday the 22rd
of February and after a few hours I figured my score would be out there waiting
for me to look at it. It was only about 2:30 or so and I wasn’t really getting
anything done at work because I was so nervous about whether I passed or not. Trent
had been telling me to just look and I kept refusing to. He told me to just
have faith in myself and that really got me thinking. I really was actually
pretty confident that I had passed, so that is partly what made me lean towards
checking… That confidence, though, can be pretty scary because if I actually
didn’t pass, it would be even more heartbreaking. Finally, I knew I had to stop
going back and forth about it and just do it or stop thinking about it. I have
a Bible app on my phone, so I told myself if I looked at the Bible verse of the
day and it was something that I could interpret to be “a sign” that I should
check my score, I would do it.
I opened the app and the verse was Joshua 1:9:
I just smiled because I knew I had to look. I needed to stop being so afraid
and just do it! No matter what the outcome, I would be just fine...
I put my information into the website and made the browser really small so I
couldn’t see the score right away. I didn’t want it to pop up and surprise me.
I wanted to be able to slowly scroll down and look at my own pace!
So I pushed the “Submit” button and scrolled down and got a glimpse of my
score. An 82!!!!!!!
YAYYYYYYY!!!!!
What a relief!
I immediately stood up and told my coworker and told Trent and my sister and
my boss and called my mom and my aunt and texted my mother-in-law and my
brother and my friends! I was so happy!! (So much for looking so I could get some work done because I spent the next
hour sharing the good news!)
I think pretty much everyone was surprised that I looked because they all
knew of my vow to not look… but that way they all got to be surprised too!
Less than a week after I found out that I was one passing score away from
being done with this monster journey, I took another test. This test was
Business Environments and Concepts (BEC). I am unsure about how I feel about how it went. There were
some questions that I knew, but there were some that I should have known and
just couldn’t remember how to figure out (those are the ones that stick in my mind and make me feel not-so-good about it), so I really hope that I guessed right
on those ones…
I should find out how I did this Friday… so I’m hoping for the best news
ever so I can just get on with my life and commit that brain capacity to something else!

Yay! I'm sure you did great! What Bible app do you have? I feel like I need one. Isn't it funny how God always knows exactly what you need to hear?
ReplyDeleteThanks Grace! I sure hope I did great. Fingers crossed!
DeleteI haev the YouVersion Bible App. It's pretty good. There are a lot of Bible Study Reading plans that you can do on there too! You should check out the She Reads Truth reading plans. Very good!