Thursday, March 7, 2013

Wedding Cake - 1 year, 3 month, 1 week, and 4 day Anniversary

On September 9, the day after Alex and Lauren's wedding, Trent and I made a trip back to Westside to see my parents. My dad had had a pretty bad week and I really wanted to see him. My dad was pretty tired while we were there, so we visited with him while he was up out of the chair and then just hung out in the next room when he needed to rest in the recliner.

After our wedding, Nick and Doreen were kind enough to keep our wedding cake in their freezer because we were a little short on freezer space in our apartment. We meant to eat our cake on our 1 year anniversary, but we didn't think to get it to our house at the time and forgot to get it over and over and over again... So FINALLY they remembered and brought it to us when we were in town. 

So even though it wasn't our 1 year anniversary, but our 1 year, 3 month, 1 week and 4 day anniversary, we decided to eat some of our cake! We even had photographers there to capture every moment!!







After Trent was kind at our wedding and didn't smash cake in my face, I thought I was in the clear... Little did I know he was going to not be so kind this time...


 
Attractive, huh?!? 
My attempt to get back at him

I'm glad that we got to eat our cake (which was still pretty good) even though it was a little late. It was nice despite all the cake in my face!

And after things calmed down, I got a good picture of family members!


And through that all, Uncle Dan and my Dad slept!



This was the last day that I saw my dad out of a hospital or nursing home. Just 16 short days later he was gone. I very much wish I knew what was to come when I left there that day. That recliner was where he was sitting when I hugged him good bye and told him I loved him. He was having trouble controlling his arms and when I went in to hug him, I startled him a bit, but he hugged me back and told me he loved me as best he could. The tears in his eyes showed me how much he meant those words and how scared he was even though he wasn't able to get many clear words out. I admire him for always trying his best and fighting that stupid disease that was taking over his body the best he could. I love him and miss him so much. 

"Can anything ever separate us from Christ's love? Does it mean he no longer loves us if we have trouble or calamity, or are persecuted, or hungry, or destitute, or in danger, or threatened by death? No, despite all these things, overwhelming victory is ours through Christ, who loved us." Romans 8: 35, 37

No comments:

Post a Comment