This past weekend was the 6th annual Jons Family Girls' Weekend. This is a weekend when my mom and her two sisters along with my sister and cousins all get together for some fun! This year we all met up in Omaha once again.
We started the festivities off by all meeting up at That Pottery Place to paint some pottery. I had never been to this place or done anything like this, so I thought it was great - Even though I am on the lowest end of the artistic abilities spectrum...
I picked this bowl to paint.
I wanted to do a kind of faded technique that I saw there, but I'm not sure sure how successful I was.
Here's what my bowl looked like when I was done. They said it will look different and the colors will look like they should be after it's all treated and whatnot, so hopefully it turns out pretty :)
They had a lot of different pottery pieces to choose from and we all did something different. I would definitely go back again and try something new... I guess that's if my bowl turns out to be presentable!
After pottery, we went and checked in to our hotel and then made our way to Mohegan Nail Spa where we all got manicures and pedicures. I love getting my nails done and it's even better to be together with family at the same time!
![]() |
| Megan, Chloe, Molly and my mom during their pedicures. |
![]() |
| Molly and Doreen |
After we were all finished with our nails we made our way towards The Cheesecake Factory to eat. We all had our fill of good food and cheesecake, as should be expected! (We got a whole 7" Red Velvet Cheesecake to eat at the hotel because it's just that good!)
After supper, some of us went to the mall and the others went back to the hotel (because they weren't listening when we were making a plan! :) And then eventually we all made it back to the hotel for the night events.
Some of us went down to enjoy the hot tub for a little while. That didn't last too long because of all the kids who were running wild, but it was still nice while it lasted.
We should have made our way to the hotel with the hot tub with the "dead" guy... it was a lot more quiet there!
![]() |
| Exhibit A: The "dead" guy in the hot tub from 2009... |
After the hot tubbing, we all gathered in the room for some cheesecake and a game of Taboo (which we're all sooo good at!) before heading to bed. We had two adjoining rooms, one with a King bed and one with a Queen... there were 7 of us sleeping in the hotel for the night... guess which 3 got to sleep together in the King bed...
That's right! The three sisters got to all snuggle in together! (This was also the "snoring room" so they were banished from the other room anyway...)
We also found out the next morning that the chairs in our rooms were actually fold out twin beds... haha. But what fun would that have been?!?
Sunday morning, we all went our separate ways and put the end to another fun Jons Family Girls' Weekend! Until next year!













This looks so fun! I busted out laughing at the dead guy!
ReplyDelete