Saturday marked the end of my first eight weeks of working out at Kosama. When I started, I did an assessment to have my starting point of my weight, measurements, body composition, etc., and I was re-assessed on Saturday to see how things have changed.
While I can't really see any noticeable physical differences (even though one of the coaches told me she could tell that I looked different from when I started), I can tell that I have more muscle underneath all my fat (mainly because I feel bigger). I wasn't expecting too much from my second assessment, but I figured it'd be nice to know and nice to have another starting point for my next eight weeks of classes.
During this next eight weeks, I intend to try to eat better, and hopefully that will allow me to see some real physical changes to my body. I do feel that I started out eight weeks ago eating better than I normally would, but when I got into June, that all pretty much went out the window. With having two big parties at our house and a birthday party at my mom's, it meant a lot of not-so-good for you food and leftovers that last throughout the week. We have some leftovers at our house from this past weekend and are having another get-together at our house for the 4th, so hopefully next week and beyond, there won't be many interruptions in eating better. I am not going to pretend that I'm going to eat perfectly all the time (because I really love food!), but there are some obvious things that I can do to try to be healthier.
So without further ado, here are some stats:
I went to Kosama 33 out of 48 possible days - 68.75%
(Doesn't include Sundays when there aren't any classes)
I went at 6:30 a.m. the first 4 days and 4:30 a.m. every weekday since then (except two days I had vacation from work, I went at 9:00 a.m. and noon). On Saturday mornings I have gone to the 7:00 a.m. class.
I went at 6:30 a.m. the first 4 days and 4:30 a.m. every weekday since then (except two days I had vacation from work, I went at 9:00 a.m. and noon). On Saturday mornings I have gone to the 7:00 a.m. class.
Of the days I missed:
- I overslept 2 days (just last week!)
- I didn't feel well 2 days, so I didn't go (I think I was sleep deprived from staying up working on projects)
- We were out of town 9 days (On vacation for 6 days and we were gone 3 Saturdays)
- I chose not to go 2 days. (I didn't go for sleep's sake on Memorial Day and the Monday before our CPA Party)
Other stats (for what they're worth):
I gained 4.2 pounds
My body fat percentage decreased 1.3%
Total Body Water increased 3.4 pounds
BMI decreased by 0.1
My Fat Free Mass increased 4.8 pounds
My Basal Metabolic Rate (The amount of calories I'd burn if I stayed in bed all day) increased by 18 calories
Both of my biceps increased by 1/2 an inch
My chest measurement got bigger by 1/2 an inch
My hips got bigger by a 1/4 an inch
My right thigh is 1/2 an inch larger
My left thigh is 1/4 an inch larger
(I can definitely tell that all these things are larger, not smaller)
So now that I have a good head start on the muscle part of all this (because I know I had very little to start with 8 weeks ago!) I am relying on a change in eating habits to allow my muscle to eat the fat away! My goal with this whole working out thing isn't to lose weight or to bulk up or anything, it's just to be active again and get on the road to being healthier. I mean, I'd love to look good and all that stuff, but hopefully that will be a side effect of the healthiness! ;)
I'll let you know how it's all going about 8 weeks from now!


No comments:
Post a Comment