Friday, June 28, 2013

June Birthday Party! Kock edition

Last weekend we went to Westside for a June Birthday Celebration! (along with a few other events)

I went home on Friday after work and Trent and Mattie came Saturday morning to join in with all the festivities. Saturday morning was the big Community Wide Garage Sales in the Ar-We-Va community, and we were having a big sale to see what stuff from our "country house" we could sell off before donating all that was left.

We got everything set up and ready on Friday and then were there bright and early on Saturday morning to start selling!! We had a lot of people in and buying quite a bit of stuff, but it seemed as if everything was multiplying on the tables and it didn't feel like we had any less at the end than we did at the beginning!


I found the T-shirt I bought at the NSYNC Concert
I went to in 7th grade. Oh the memories!
After the garage sale was over, we started packing everything back up in boxes to haul over to Carroll. It just so happened that Jared was purchasing his first truck that same day, so him and Kenzie and my mom went over to get the truck and came back to Westside and we immediately started loading it up with stuff. I'm sure he'll be the go-to guy from now on when we need a truck. :) How convenient! 



After the garage sale festivities, we went back to the house to get ready for the PAR-TAY!!

We ate LOTS of food and then Jared and Kenzie and Trent and I played a game of bags. (Kenzie and I scored the most points, but, technically, they won...)


Then it was time to light the candles and sing happy birthday...





...followed by opening presents!



Kellsey's new necklace

 
Kellsey and I were told to both open our presents from our mom at the same time.
 
Here is where we both realized what the gift was...

 
We each got an apron made out of the beautiful shower curtain that was hanging in one of the bathrooms at my mom's house when she moved in. It was definitely a very thoughtful gift :)
I love it... beaded fringe and all!
 
After all the gifts were opened, it was time to actually eat the cake and have some ice cream. As always, Grandma Kock's cake didn't disappoint!
 
It was then picture taking time!

 
 

 

 
 
 
We wrapped up the birthday weekend on Sunday with church and Pizza Ranch and then everyone went to watch Alex play basketball in the Top 64 league. He played well and they beat the other team pretty handily! All six cousins were there, so it was a good opportunity for a full cousin picture, even though Alex was really sweaty and no one wanted to touch him!
 
 
One with Grandma. And no touching!
 
 
It was another wonderful weekend with family!! I'm very glad that we still aren't too old to have a birthday party! I couldn't help but think about my dad as we celebrated our first birthdays without him.  I think he would say it's silly to be sad thinking about the birthdays he won't be here for, so instead I'll be happy about getting 25 birthday parties with him and live each day so I know he'd be proud of me! I miss him very much!
 
Now this weekend, we have another birthday weekend with Trent's side of the family as we celebrate Trent's, Melodie's, Jan's and my birthdays! Let the celebrating begin!

No comments:

Post a Comment