Monday, June 3, 2013

Mother's Day Weekend

(Yes, I realize Mother's Day was three weeks ago... Oh well, I do what I can =) )

Trent and I are blessed to have wonderful and amazing mothers. When we got married, we each gained one more woman in our lives who cares for us and would do anything for us!

This year for Mother's Day weekend, we got to see both of our moms. We spend Friday night and Saturday in Ankeny with Trent's parents and got to see my mom on Sunday.
 
While we were in Ankeny, we made a trip to Des Moines to do some exploring. We went to some shops around the East Village and stopped in to look around West End Salvage, among other things. We then finished up the trip with supper at Zombie Burger. Sunday morning, the whole family went to church and then grabbed a quick lunch before Trent and I had to head to leave town. We always find very fun things to do while we're visiting, and this special weekend was no exception.
 
After brunch, we headed to Westside to meet up with my mom and siblings. We all went to Ar-We-Va's graduation ceremony. My siblings, my mom and I gave out two different scholarships from funds that were set up with memorial money received after my dad's passing. Four senior basketball players were each given $500 from the memorial fund and four members of the senior class were each given $500 for an agricultural scholarship from a fund that was set up from a $7,500 gift given by my dad's employer for the past 12 years, Allied Producers Cooperative. I am glad that we are able to help these seniors continue their education past high school and hope that they go on to have a positive impact on the world.

 
Presenting the Basketball scholarship:
 
Presenting the Agriculture scholarship:
 
After the ceremony, we went to a few graduation parties and stopped in to see Grandma and Grandpa Jons' before we had to head back home. It was a busy day with my mom, but I was happy to just be able to spend that time with her!
 
It was a fast and fun weekend, and I hope our moms know how much they are loved and appreciated all year, not just on Mother's Day!

 
 
 

2 comments:

  1. Aww look at your beautiful Mothers! That West End Salvage place looks cool! We will have to go there sometime together! How were the prices? Looks like a great weekend and that is so special that your family is doing scholarships in your dad's name :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd say the prices are on the more expensive side... but it's definitely fun to look! :)

      Delete