Remember that one time when a pipe in our apartment burst and covered our entire apartment with an inch or two of water?
I do! :)
I can still remember walking in to our apartment over lunch that Thursday and hearing the loud gushing of water being shot across the bathroom and then finding Mattie in our bedroom as far away as she could get from the loud noise and in the only dry spot left in the apartment!
I do! :)
I can still remember walking in to our apartment over lunch that Thursday and hearing the loud gushing of water being shot across the bathroom and then finding Mattie in our bedroom as far away as she could get from the loud noise and in the only dry spot left in the apartment!
![]() |
| The hole in the wall across the bathroom from where the pipe burst caused by the pressure of the water gushing out! |
I can remember Trent having been out of town at that time and him having to try to facilitate from afar getting some staff members to come and help me.
I remember sleeping on the island that was our bed that night alone with Mattie, knowing that when I stepped out of bed, I'd hear the squishing of wet carpet underneath my feet.
I remember spending my Thursday night piling boxes from our spare closets into the kitchen and living room so they didn't sit on the wet carpet rather than spending the whole night studying for my CPA Exam that was coming up that Saturday morning.
I remember eating a bowl of cereal in our apartment by myself the morning before my test while standing in the kitchen amongst the piles of boxes because there was no where to sit down.
I remember finding out that next Monday morning that we'd have to move absolutely everything out of our apartment by the end of that day because it was going to take more work than they thought to get our apartment dried out: meaning drilling holes in the drywall and replacing all the carpet, etc.
![]() |
| This is what happens when you leave your clothes on the floor, kids! |
It was 2 years ago this week that we finally were able to move back into our apartment after living in a hotel for three weeks and calling our room at The Residence Inn "home."
It was in that hotel room where I found out I had passed my first CPA Exam test (That I had to take 2 days after "the incident" and after sleeping on an air mattress in one of the extra rooms on UNOs campus). It was where I laid on the bed and read a majority of Catching Fire on my new Kindle Fire (that I also received during the time we were staying there) while Trent played Skyrim on the XBox. It was also where we first decided, while we were watching the TV channel that scrolls through local house listings, that we were going to pursue buying a house the next spring.
As much of a hassle as it was to have to deal with packing everything up and moving it out of our apartment and living out of suitcases and laundry baskets for three weeks, it wasn't all bad. We made some good memories and we'll always have this story to tell. We also got a pretty nice hot breakfast every morning and didn't have to worry about cleaning our own bathroom or kitchen or even making the bed! I am just very grateful that it happened when we were living in an apartment and not in a place that we owned so we didn't have to deal with the expenses of getting it all fixed or paying for it all!








Our pipes under our kitchen sink exploded two days before we hosted Thanksgiving this year. Thank God we rent and our friendly handyman was out to fix it the next morning! It doesn't sound near as bad as your problem, but still sucks! I can't imagine having to live out of suitcases for three weeks!
ReplyDelete