This year for Thanksgiving, we were lucky to get to see just about everyone in our families at some point.
We spent from Wednesday night until Saturday afternoon with Trent's family. We hung out and ate a lot of good food, the kids (including Trent and Chuck) had a fun time playing with their Nerf guns and we watched some football, including watching the Hawks beat the Huskers. We also did a tiny bit of shopping during the time we were there and went to see Catching Fire in theaters. (Which I loved!) All that mixed in with some lounging around made it an awesome holiday! I was sick over most of the long holiday, which wasn't fun, but being sick at home (or someone else's home) is better than being sick and having to go to work!
Then on Saturday evening, we made the short trip to Norwalk to attend the baptism of Brady Charles, my cousin once removed. (I know that's officially how we're related because I googled it!) The baptism was followed by a Thanksgiving meal with my mom's side of the family and then we started on the road to stay the night at my mom's house.
Sunday morning, Trent went to a gun show with my Grandpa Kock while I went to church with my mom. We then all met up with my sister and her husband and Uncle Dan at Grandma and Grandpa Kock's house for a delicious lunch. I think we could call that our third Thanksgiving meal of the weekend even if it was "unofficial".
Like all of our holidays, this one was full of lots of travel, but it's a small price to pay to get to see almost all of our family for the holidays! The first of our Christmas festivities begins tonight when my family all arrives at our house for our Christmas celebration! I'm VERY excited to kick off our "official" Christmas events and then enjoy all the fun that is to come over the next three weeks!
Have a great weekend!












No comments:
Post a Comment