Monday, March 31, 2014

AWV Rocker Alumni and Another Birthday Party!!

Someday it will take me less than a week to post about stuff... this isn't the day though!!

Two weekends ago was Ar-We-Va's Dance Team Spring Show and it was the 20th anniversary of the dance team so alumni were invited back to take part in a dance with the current dance team. Jocelyn and I traveled from Omaha to meet the other alumni members for practice at noon to learn the dance and then performed it at the show that evening.

We danced in the opener behind the current dance team members. It was a lot of fun and made me want to dance some more and see if I could do any of the stuff I used to be able to do. It was fun to see a few of the girls we used to dance with too and rehash some of the many fun memories from high school. It's crazy when you think about just how much time we all spent together during the long dance team season. So much fun!

Here are some shots from the evening!


Yes, I'm wearing colored shoes and capris.
No one told me it looked weird BEFORE the show!!

Some of the alumni dancers



Jocelyn and I also had time to make a stop at Grandma and Grandpa Kock's between practice and the performance. They recently got back from Texas, where they had been for the past few months. Right when we got there, the food started coming and didn't stop! She made ham balls, had some warm homemade buns, jello salad, potatoes, fruit, green bean casserole, beef stew, and apple crisp. It was a wonder that we could dance at all that night because we ate so much to make up for missing Grandma during the pasts 3 months!! 
So much food!!
 I stayed with my mom after the dance show and then on Sunday, Trent and I headed to Adel for a family birthday party for Taylor and Jenna. We had a birthday party for Taylor back in February, but Jenna's birthday is in March and some other family was able to make it to this one, so it was a party for both of them this time.

The girls got some good presents: some money, a pretty pink fan for their bedroom, and some new dresses!


Counting her money!
Opening their new fan
Hugs all around for the gifts!




New dresses!


After gifts, we sang happy birthday to the girls and had some scrumptious fruit pizza. 




After everyone was done eating, the three handy men went to work right away installing the girls' new ceiling fan in their room. They are quite the little troop when they are together!


Their cool new fan!

Before we left, Taylor taught a few of us how to make the Rainbow Loom bracelets (or whatever they're called when you don't use the loom). She even attempted to teach Uncle Trent. She's quite the teacher and really showed patience when teaching her Great Grandma and Uncle Trent and myself, answering all our questions that we had! It was very sweet.


It was a great weekend with family! I had another fun weekend this past weekend with my friends, so hopefully I can get something written about that before a week from now! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment