Thursday, April 3, 2014

Girls' Weekend - Pinterest Party

This past weekend some of my bestest friends all got together and had our first Pinterest Party.

Everyone brought a craft to do and food to eat (most from Pinterest - hence the "Pinterest Party") and we just hung out and caught up while eating, drinking, and crafting.


Miss Harper Lee joined the girls' day for the first time this year. Last year when we all got together she was still in her mommy's belly. It was so nice to be able to have her entertain us all! She even had a mini photo shoot for us wearing a piece of fabric on her head in different ways. She was a good sport and sooo cute!!







After Harper's photo shoot, we got started on the crafts and busted out the wine and dug into the food. 

For our food we had Puppy Chow, Sangria, Cookie Dough Dip with Teddy Grahams, Beef Enchilada Dip, Strawberry Shortcake Rice Krispie Treats, Mini Cherry and Caramel Cheesecakes, and wine, of course! I was very impressed by all the food everyone brought. It was awesome to see so many of the recipes you see on Pinterest all the time actually be made and all in one place! They were definitely as good as they look on the internet!  Next time I'll have to remember to photograph all the food!

As for everyone's crafts, 
Mallory was going to work on some crafts for her wedding in June, like making the boutonnieres and a board for people to sign, but I think she ended up helping everyone else and talking the whole time, so I'm not so sure any of her crafts got done :)


Meghan made a glass gem covered night light jar for a friend like this one.

Carey painted some different quotes and sayings onto some canvases, 
Lauren painted some bird houses in fun spring colors, 
Bailey painted the first of many wooden boxes that will house all the pictures and other random things from each different place that they travel to (like these), 
Kaela used a frame and put a boarder of wine corks around the outside of it and the saying "Always carry a corkscrew and the wine will provide itself" it looks almost just like this - it turned out great!, 
and I painted some little pots, drew a herringbone pattern on them with a silver metallic Sharpie, filled it with fake grass and then put some jelly bean eggs in it for a fun spring/Easter decoration. They are almost exactly like this.

Here's a picture of one of my two pots close up. Again, if I would have been thinking, I would have taken a picture of each persons' craft close up... oh well...


The jelly beans seem to mysteriously keep disappearing out of the grass too... It makes me laugh!

You can't see everyone's items very well in this picture, but here we are with our crafts!
 

We ordered pizza for supper and spent most of the night around the table working on our stuff, eating and talking about everything that's been going on in our lives. 

Everyone hard at work
After our crafts were done, we cleared the table and played a game of Cards Against Humanity. We had a few laughs at some ridiculous and inappropriate things, but I was happy that everyone has a great sense of humor! Miss Harper even wanted to play for a while before it was her bedtime!


After we went through the entire deck, some girls needed to go to bed (like Lauren),
but a few of us stayed up until very early in the morning (I'm pretty sure it was after 3 before I got to bed). 

I loved having the time to just sit and chat with my favorite people. It was like college again - when we all lived in the same place and never had to go home - we were just in the next room or right down the hall from each other. Good times! I am so happy that we are all still good friends! I wish we could all get together more often and I cannot wait until we do it again!

1 comment:

  1. I've been waiting for this post! Looks like so much fun! I've actually been talking about doing this with some of my girlfriends.. and now seeing how much fun you had, I am definitely going to get it planned. Miss you girls!!

    ReplyDelete