After I got done painting the headboard and night stands in the guest bedroom, I moved on to repainting this dresser:
The dresser came from my mom's house. It was in the basement of her house when she moved in last December. It wasn't pretty or even that functional, but I knew that I could make it work somewhere in our house.
Again, I used the same recipe for chalk paint that I had used on the headboard and night stands but this time I used a coral color called Blaze Orange by Valspar. This worked out well so I didn't have to worry about sanding or stripping the dresser first. I just wiped it down to get rid of the dust and other gunk that was on it and then started painting.
Here is what the dressers after a coat or two of paint.
This dresser took me quite a few coats as well. I think it ended up being 5+ coats (followed by 2-3 coats of polly). I think it took more coats with this dresser since the brown underneath was so dark color as the base and since the paint wasn't white this time around, the Plaster of Paris lightened the paint, so it took a few more coats to make it as dark and bright as I wanted it to be.
For the pulls, I just used the same flat black spray paint that I had used for the night stands to change their color. I thought about getting new ones all together, but I decided that I'd rather save the money and just used the ones I already had.
![]() |
| I put them in a box on nails to be able to paint them better. |
In the end, here's what it looked like all put back together.
Stay tuned for more projects to come!
Other guest bedroom projects:








No comments:
Post a Comment