Weight:
It's a non-doctor appointment month, so I'm not sure, but we're guessing he's creeping up on 20 pounds.
Height:
Not sure on this one either, but I'm sure he's growing like a weed!
Clothes:
He's pretty much in all 9 month clothes now. His PJs are mostly 6 month, but, other than that, he's pretty comfy in 9 month.
Sleep:
Samuel has gotten pretty good at sleeping about 9 hours straight at night these days. (He slept 9 hours for the first time right after he turned 2 months.) His average sleep time at night over the last 31 days has been right at 8 hours. He only slept less than 6 hours at night 5 times in the last month, and he only slept less than 8 hours 11 times. We're pretty lucky in the sleep department. Now let's just hope he keeps it up and doesn't have a big sleep regression!
We started a pretty good bedtime routine over the past week or so. Trent usually brings him upstairs to get his pajamas on right around 8 and then I take him and we read a book (if he's not screaming because he's too tired or hungry) and then I feed him. When he's done eating, I'll swaddle him up tight and rock with him a little and then put him in his crib. A lot of times, he will wake up when I put him in his crib, so I'll law in our bed across the room until he falls asleep. (I'm not even sure if he knows I'm there or not, but, in my head, it's comforting to him.) There has only been a few times where he's fussed really loudly and I thought he was going to need help getting back to sleep, but he's always managed to get himself calmed down. Hopefully this means that he's starting to recognize our bedtime routine and it really is this easy...
Likes:
Samuel loves being talked and sang to. He's got the biggest smile that just melts my heart!!
I still sing Happy Birthday to him quite often and a few other favorites recently have been Little Bunny Foo Foo, He's Got the Whole World in His Hands (with family members names inserted into the song), and the Do-Re-Mi song from The Sound of Music.
He LOVES to suck and chew on his hands as well as any toys he can get into his mouth.
Samuel also likes to just lay on the floor and be able to kick around. He plays on his little play mat with the toys that hang overhead and just kicks around and stares and swats at the toys.
Dislikes:
I still sing Happy Birthday to him quite often and a few other favorites recently have been Little Bunny Foo Foo, He's Got the Whole World in His Hands (with family members names inserted into the song), and the Do-Re-Mi song from The Sound of Music.
He LOVES to suck and chew on his hands as well as any toys he can get into his mouth.
Samuel also likes to just lay on the floor and be able to kick around. He plays on his little play mat with the toys that hang overhead and just kicks around and stares and swats at the toys.
Dislikes:
Samuel still doesn't like to have to stop eating to be burped or to be burped over someone's shoulder at any point really...
When he's not in the right mood, he doesn't like to be held when the person holding him is sitting down.
He's gotten a lot better at tolerating tummy time, so that's not as much of a dislike anymore.
Other than that, as long as he's full and rested, he's usually a pretty happy and content little guy!
Milestones/Development:
Samuel holds his head up pretty good these days. When he's being held or sitting on someone's lap, he can hold his head pretty steady. He's also getting better at lifting his head during tummy time. It makes him look like such a big boy!
He can definitely swat at toys now and grab onto things when he wants to. It does take some extra concentration, but you can tell he gets excited and really makes the effort to get what he wants.
I think we got a real laugh from him on the 26th of October when Samuel laughed at Trent. His laugh for now is him smiling really big and sucking in a bunch of air. I'm sure we'll make it to the baby giggles at some point!
I know that he's able to see a little farther away these days because when he's sitting in his swing in the morning and I'm in the rocking chair, I get the biggest smiles from him when I make funny faces and smile at him. It's pretty adorable.
He's really good at getting everything to his mouth from his hands to his toys to burp cloths.
I really thought that he was going to roll over (from back to front) the other day with the way he was kicking his legs and turning his head and twisting his body over, but he never made it all the way. (I got nervous that it was going to happen when Trent wasn't there to see it, so I went and woke Trent up just in case!) I think this is the start of Samuel starting to get the whole rolling over thing figured out, though!
When he's not in the right mood, he doesn't like to be held when the person holding him is sitting down.
He's gotten a lot better at tolerating tummy time, so that's not as much of a dislike anymore.
Other than that, as long as he's full and rested, he's usually a pretty happy and content little guy!
Milestones/Development:
Samuel holds his head up pretty good these days. When he's being held or sitting on someone's lap, he can hold his head pretty steady. He's also getting better at lifting his head during tummy time. It makes him look like such a big boy!
He can definitely swat at toys now and grab onto things when he wants to. It does take some extra concentration, but you can tell he gets excited and really makes the effort to get what he wants.
I think we got a real laugh from him on the 26th of October when Samuel laughed at Trent. His laugh for now is him smiling really big and sucking in a bunch of air. I'm sure we'll make it to the baby giggles at some point!
I know that he's able to see a little farther away these days because when he's sitting in his swing in the morning and I'm in the rocking chair, I get the biggest smiles from him when I make funny faces and smile at him. It's pretty adorable.
He's really good at getting everything to his mouth from his hands to his toys to burp cloths.
I really thought that he was going to roll over (from back to front) the other day with the way he was kicking his legs and turning his head and twisting his body over, but he never made it all the way. (I got nervous that it was going to happen when Trent wasn't there to see it, so I went and woke Trent up just in case!) I think this is the start of Samuel starting to get the whole rolling over thing figured out, though!
| This is what he does when I think he's going to roll right over! |
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Samuel had his first overnight trips this month. He and I stayed at Grandma Kock's at the end of October on the night before the CJD Fundraiser and then all five of us stayed at Nana and Papa's the weekend after that when we were there for the big craft fair (Samuel even go to go to the craft fair with us for a while. I just wore him around and he slept most of the time!) Samuel and I also went to Okoboji for two nights at the beginning of November where we got to hang out with Great Grandma and Grandpa Kock, Grandma Kock and Great Aunt Doreen and Great Uncle Nick! Next year, he'll be running all around the place when we're there rather than just laying on the floor! :)
I started back to work on the 13th of November. It's been very strange to go from being with Samuel all day every day to only seeing him for an hour and a half or so in the morning and about 2 hours at night (all when it's dark outside). It's not so bad actually being at work and it's a good to have a routine again and be out in the world, but I definitely miss being with Samuel and hate that I miss out on his every day activities. It really makes the weekends something to look forward to so I can spend all day with him again!
One good thing about me being at work is that Samuel gets to spend his days with his dad and Grandmas. Those three have a schedule to be his babysitters over the next month or so which, I think, is fun for everyone! I'm happy that they all get some time together as well! Samuel is one lucky little guy!
A few of Samuel's nicknames have seemed to stick around for another month. I still call him Buddy, Honey Bear and Sweetie Pie pretty often and Trent loves to default to Stinker (which is a very appropriate nickname a lot of times). I'm sure there are other ones that I'm not thinking of right now.
See how much Samuel has grown:
One Month
Two Months
Here's some of the other pictures from our three month photo shoot:

Yay for sleep! Way to go, Samuel. He just gets cuter and cuter! I've been praying for your transition back to work... so glad to hear it's going well! He's going to start doung so many fib things so quickly. :)
ReplyDeleteWow. Doing so many fun... yikes.
Delete