Friday, January 1, 2016

Happy New Year!! - Goals for 2016

Well, last year, I set a few goals for 2015, and, like many people I'm sure, I miserably failed!! I am going to use my excuse of the year for last year and say I didn't get them done because I was pregnant!! I was too busy being tired and planning for a baby and, eventually, was just in too uncomfortable to accomplish much after work (not to mention the whole having a new puppy thing). 

Sooo... I am going to set most of the same goals for 2016 and really try to work on getting them done - not that it will be any easier this year with actually having baby in the house! It would have been a lot smarter had I done it when he was in my belly when he was a lot easier to handle since he didn't cry or need constant attention or anything! ;) Oh well - lesson learned! 

So here are my goals for 2016:

1. Take a course on how to better use my camera.
I actually have this one about halfway done. I started watching a free course that I signed up for during the times that I have been in the lactation room at work by myself. That hasn't seemed to happen for a while now, as there seems to always be others in there with me lately (which isn't a bad thing), but I am able to watch 15-20 minutes at a time if I get in there by myself. I will probably need to watch some of the videos more than once to be able to really commit it all to memory and then actually watch the videos with my camera in hand, but it's a good start anyway!

2. Knit something
Sadly, the knitting stuff that I acquired at the end of 2014 hasn't even made it out of the basket I got it in. I just need to make it a priority and make this my extra curricular activity for a while! I guess I did accomplish the first step in knitting something which is make a Pinterest board about knitting ;) So maybe after I get all caught up from the holidays and get this whole having a kid thing down, I'll get to this one! It does sound like such a nice cold weather activity!

3. Finish my 2011-2014 (now 2015) Photo Year Books
 I did actually start a 2011 book, but that's about as far as I got on that one. I don't even really have a good excuse for this one. With all the TV I have watched, especially towards the end of my pregnancy, you would have though I could have gotten at least one more done, but no such luck. And now I have another book I want to get done for my mom along with a pregnancy book, so I've got my work cut out for me on this!!

4. Go hiking at Dayton Oaks where we got engaged
This one should be super easy, we just need to make it a point to get there on a weekend! We probably could have gotten it done this past fall, but there wasn't any way we were going to drive there when I was super pregnant or when it was super hot and then we weren't going to do it with a newborn, so we should be able to get it done this year! We've talked about even going with Samuel  and maybe even making it a tradition we do every year or every few years or something. Might be a fun thing! We'll see what happens with this!

5. Work out more than I did in 2015
I'm shooting low with this one because I worked out ONCE in 2015 that I remember... And that was just on the day after Christmas when our family played basketball... So unless you count all the walking I did throughout my pregnancy, I did nothing... This should be an easy one!


Even if I don't end up doing all these things I know 2016 will be another great year, just as 2015 was! 
I can't wait to see how Samuel grows and changes throughout the year and see what the year has in store in all aspects of our lives! 

Happy 2016 from the best part of our 2015!!

No comments:

Post a Comment