Here I am on the last day of 2014. It has been quite a year that seemed to just fly by!
We had great times with friends and family and some great times just hanging out by ourselves.
That's what we'll be doing tonight to ring in the new year. Last year, Trent wasn't feeling the best, so we partied at home by ourselves, and this year, it's me that is sick. We were supposed to make a quick trip up to Minneapolis to party through the night with friends, but we will be having pizza, little smokies, and some Sierra Mist while watching the ball drop and maybe putting a puzzle together here at home by ourselves!! Call us old, but that doesn't sound so bad to me! Then we'll have one more relaxing day before it's back to work for me! (Boo!)
This year, the only documented goal that I had this year was to read the whole Bible in chronological order. Trent and I both made that same goal and I finished mine today. I am going to do something similar next year, but I haven't quite decided what it's going to be. If it's going to be the whole thing or just parts of it so I can focus more on certain parts or something like that. I guess I probably should decide soon!
So as we look forward to the new year, there are just a couple goals that have been on my mind that I wanted to write down and accomplish this year.
We had great times with friends and family and some great times just hanging out by ourselves.
That's what we'll be doing tonight to ring in the new year. Last year, Trent wasn't feeling the best, so we partied at home by ourselves, and this year, it's me that is sick. We were supposed to make a quick trip up to Minneapolis to party through the night with friends, but we will be having pizza, little smokies, and some Sierra Mist while watching the ball drop and maybe putting a puzzle together here at home by ourselves!! Call us old, but that doesn't sound so bad to me! Then we'll have one more relaxing day before it's back to work for me! (Boo!)
This year, the only documented goal that I had this year was to read the whole Bible in chronological order. Trent and I both made that same goal and I finished mine today. I am going to do something similar next year, but I haven't quite decided what it's going to be. If it's going to be the whole thing or just parts of it so I can focus more on certain parts or something like that. I guess I probably should decide soon!
So as we look forward to the new year, there are just a couple goals that have been on my mind that I wanted to write down and accomplish this year.
1. Take a course on how to better use my camera
I bought my Canon T5i early in 2014 and I haven't adequately learned how to use all its functions. So this year, hopefully sooner rather than later, I am going to take a class, probably online, on how to make the most of it! So if you have any suggestions, feel free to pass them along!
I bought my Canon T5i early in 2014 and I haven't adequately learned how to use all its functions. So this year, hopefully sooner rather than later, I am going to take a class, probably online, on how to make the most of it! So if you have any suggestions, feel free to pass them along!
2. Knit something (Hopefully more than one thing, but I'm shooting low)
My Grandma Kock passed along some of my Great Grandma's knitting needles and some yarn to me this past week. My plans are to learn how to use them and knit something! Easy enough, right?! Now I just need a rocking chair to sit and rock in while I watch my Wheel of Fortune and knit... and I need my puppy to learn to not try to eat all the yarn!
My Grandma Kock passed along some of my Great Grandma's knitting needles and some yarn to me this past week. My plans are to learn how to use them and knit something! Easy enough, right?! Now I just need a rocking chair to sit and rock in while I watch my Wheel of Fortune and knit... and I need my puppy to learn to not try to eat all the yarn!
3. Finish my 2011-2014 Photo Year Books
This year, I finished the first of the photo year books that I wanted to do. I did one for 2009-2010, the first year and a half of Trent and I's relationship. My goal for this year is to get all caught up and then hopefully just do them as the years go on and stay up-to-date from now on.
I know I can hear you all laughing right now at my wishful thinking!!
This year, I finished the first of the photo year books that I wanted to do. I did one for 2009-2010, the first year and a half of Trent and I's relationship. My goal for this year is to get all caught up and then hopefully just do them as the years go on and stay up-to-date from now on.
I know I can hear you all laughing right now at my wishful thinking!!
4. Go hiking at Dayton Oaks where we got engaged
This is something that I have had on my mind to do for a while now, but I have never made it a point to find time to go and do it. I would love to go back to where we got engaged and go hiking again and hopefully it would be on a day that is less rainy.
If I get those things accomplished among all the other great things that I know will happen in 2015, I will be one happy girl!
Have a happy and safe New Year's Eve, everyone!
Here's to an AMAZING 2015!!!
I know it's going to be a great year!
This is something that I have had on my mind to do for a while now, but I have never made it a point to find time to go and do it. I would love to go back to where we got engaged and go hiking again and hopefully it would be on a day that is less rainy.
If I get those things accomplished among all the other great things that I know will happen in 2015, I will be one happy girl!
Have a happy and safe New Year's Eve, everyone!
Here's to an AMAZING 2015!!!
I know it's going to be a great year!



No comments:
Post a Comment