Happy Friday! I hope everyone reading this had a great week!
ONE.
Last week I cleaned our kitchen sink with the baking soda and salt combination I've seen on Pinterest and Facebook. Worked like a charm! It's super embarrassing how gross our sink was! These pictures don't even show how disgusting it was, but I guess I always just thought cleaning with a disinfectant was the best I could do... WRONG. It's sooo much better and the layer of gunk is all gone and it's all shiny and pretty now! After I cleaned it, I just wanted to stand there and stare at it for a while.
ONE.
Last week I cleaned our kitchen sink with the baking soda and salt combination I've seen on Pinterest and Facebook. Worked like a charm! It's super embarrassing how gross our sink was! These pictures don't even show how disgusting it was, but I guess I always just thought cleaning with a disinfectant was the best I could do... WRONG. It's sooo much better and the layer of gunk is all gone and it's all shiny and pretty now! After I cleaned it, I just wanted to stand there and stare at it for a while.
![]() |
| Top is before and bottom is after (if you couldn't tell) |
TWO.
I'm getting ready to hang a gallery wall in 'my room'. Jocelyn helped me pick out a bunch of frames at Michael's a few weeks ago, and we tried a few layouts on the living room floor to get a feel for what it was going to look like. My next step is picking out some pictures to go in the frames, so I can be sure that I have the frames going the right directions and then I'll be ready to start getting it up on the wall. I'm using my printables that I got from the SheReadsTruth Bible studies in white 8x10 frames and then filling in with different patterned/textured frames with pictures and things. It's been a very slow project (I've only been working on gathering all the pieces for it since the end of May!) but I'm looking forward to seeing it up on the wall!
THREE.
This weekend ends wraps up my summer of concerts! We're going to the Iowa State Fair and I have the pleasure of going to the Lady Antebellum concert on Saturday night with my mom, Jocelyn, my brother, and his girlfriend, Kenzie, and the Styx/Foreigner concert on Sunday night with my mom. We're all spending the day at the fair on Saturday, as well, along with other members of my family, so it's going to be a fun weekend! I love the fair! I'm looking forward to doing all the things we do when we go to the fair (and eating some cheese curds, among other things). I really just hope the weather is nice!
FOUR.
We got our family room and kitchen repainted this past weekend with the awesome help of Trent's parents. It really didn't take us that long with four of us going at once and it was a good time to be productive and have some good conversation at the same time. We also found some time to go out to eat at Roja on Saturday night, watch a movie, go to church on Sunday morning, and make a trip to Nebraska Furniture Mart. I am loving the new color and trying to figure out where I want to rehang things. When I get it all finished, I will share the 'after' pictures. But with the way I have been about sharing house project pictures, who knows when that will be! :)
Here's a sneak peek - the whole room is a tan/gray color (Aspen Gray) and just the fireplace corner is Navy. We tired Mattie out with all the painting, too!
FIVE
I think that I am done with the first of our 'Fredericksen Yearbooks' that I mentioned last week!! The first one I did was for the years 2009-2010 together. I started with the summer of 2009 because that was when Trent and I had our first date and when we officially became an item. I do still want to swap out a few pictures that I got off of Facebook with the actual original pictures from Trent's computer, but beyond that, I am just waiting for a super sweet deal before I order it! Now I am starting on 2011! Only like 4 years to go until I'm caught up!




No comments:
Post a Comment