The first weekend of August = one of my favorite weekends of the summer!
The Bell Reunion!
Jocelyn and I took off for home on Saturday morning, but only after making a pit stop in Council Bluffs to do a little tax free shopping. It wasn't the most fruitful shopping trip ever, but I did purchase a few things, so I guess it wasn't a total loss!
We got home in the mid afternoon and met up with family at Grandma's house and then headed just down the road to see what was going on at the Bell Shoot.
We watched all the shenanigans at the shoot and then gathered back at Grandma's for a wonderful supper. Later in the evening, it was time to head home so we could all rest up and then get together the next day to do all over again!
Sunday was filled with LOTS of great food, games, fun, conversation, bags and horseshoes and everything good that comes with the Bell Reunion.
The Aylward section of the Bell family that was in attendance:
Of course, there was the yearly bags tournament, as well, which is always a ton of fun. And this year it was even more fun because Tom and I were partners and we won!! Woot!!!
| First and second place teams |
| The winners! |
The Bell Reunion was wonderful again this year! I love it so much, as it brings up such awesome memories from when we were younger. Even though everyone is growing up and getting busy, I love that people still make the effort to make it there to be together for the day/weekend. Until next year!



No comments:
Post a Comment