A little less than a month ago, Jocelyn and I got to go to The Band Perry concert at Stir Cove. Trent's boss hooked us up with some tickets and a hotel room for the night and we definitely had a blast!
The weather and music were great and, as always, we just had a great time together!
The opener for The Band Perry was Ben Rue. We had never heard of him before that night, but we had fun trying to figure out things about him. We found out that he was born the same year as I was and, much to Jocelyn's disappointment, he has a girlfriend... We also discovered that he doesn't have a Wikipedia page, but there IS one for Reuben Sandwich... close, but not quite... We also got to meet him and take our picture with him, so if he becomes famous we can start flashing this picture around!
As expected, The Band Perry was super entertaining (we also saw them in October when they opened for Rascal Flatts). I love them and their songs and I'm so glad we got to go to the concert!
This concert, though, was just one of many fun times we've had over the past few months. Jocelyn moved in with us mid-March for her last internship for PT school and then ended up staying with us after graduation for the month of June, too. (And now she lives in Omaha! Woot!) We loved having Joce live with us (who wouldn't want to have one of their best friends living in their house with them for a while?!?) and we definitely had many fun times and adventures while she was here! I had someone to get up early in the morning with me to work out (even if that only lasted like a week and a half), Trent had someone to watch Orange is the New Black With, and we all got to go out during March Madness to watch games and eat some good food!
And that's just the beginning...
Joce and I got to go to the ZZ Ward concert together!
We got to be there to celebrate Jocelyn's birthday with her!
My best friend just happens to be great friends with one of Jocelyn's friends and classmates who was living in Omaha at the same time, so we all got to meet up a few times, like this occasion when we went on a walk together!
We all went to Nebraska Furniture Mart together and then get hot dogs at UNO during a fundraiser they were having.
We got to celebrate Jocelyn's last day of her internship with her!
(With what else but shots of Templeton Rye! haha)
We all got to go to the College World Series together!
It was so nice to have someone else with us to take our picture when necessary!
Joce and I got to go to the Cheesecake Factory to celebrate Lauren's birthday with her!
I had someone to be silly with me (and get on Trent's nerves, I'm sure), which included recording this awesome video to send to Kellsey on her birthday.
I had someone to stay up late with me on a Sunday night and paint "my room"! And THEN she even finished it the next day while I was at work - talk about awesomeness!!
Having Jocelyn around gave Trent someone else to pick on so I didn't have to be the one being made fun of all the time :)
![]() |
| Nice hair :) |
We got to be there for Joce's experience of getting Lasik, which meant that we got to have her potential last meal with her and watch the potential last TV show with her and go to Orange Leaf with her before she possibly became blind! Luckily it all turned out, but I'm glad that we did all that just in case ;)
We got to go experience "Omaha's Best Burger" at Dinker's Bar together.
We got to have family supper's together most nights during the week.
And, now that she lives in Omaha for real, we get to continue having family suppers!
And Mattie had another buddy to hang out with and during the month of June, they got to be together all day every day!
She really misses Joce and loves it when she comes over to visit!
It was definitely a great few months having Joce as a roommate, dogsitter, house cleaner, dishwasher emptier, and just all around fun-haver! I'm looking forward to all the great times we will get to have together in the months to come!























No comments:
Post a Comment