Friday, August 22, 2014

Five on Friday - {08.22.2014}

ONE.
At the vet yesterday morning - she was a little stressed.
We've had a sick puppy (she's not really a puppy at all, but she is to me) this week. We went to the vet on both Wednesday and Thursday morning and have been up in the night with her as well. I really think that she's getting back to herself now, but I think both Trent and I were scared of what bad news the vet might come up with as they did some x-rays and things. Luckily everything looked fine, it was just an upset stomach and everything that goes along with that! She sure does HATE going to the vet, though! So hopefully we can avoid that place for a long time!

TWO.
Last weekend when we were in Des Moines for the Iowa State Fair, my new friend, Megan, who lives in Wisconsin just happened to be in the area visiting some friends! We met each other for the first time in November of 2012 and then just saw each other for the first time since then in June and Lee and Sara's wedding and realized that we really should be friends! She was only in Iowa for a short time, but we were able to meet up at church on Sunday morning! It was so unexpected that we would be that close geographically that weekend, so it was just awesome that we were able to see each other.

THREE.

Next Monday starts my first ever DietBet, put together by a blogger that I follow, Skinny Meg. Basically, you pay $25 and that money is put into a pool. Then, in four weeks, if you lose 4% of your body weight, you split that pool with all the other winners. I have been slowly gaining weight over the past year, so I think if I have a monetary motivation to get my butt in gear, it might just be the jump start I need! Some things I'm going to implement during these four weeks to get me on track are:
1. No pop
2. Only one drink per day that isn't pure water
3. No fast food
4. Work out at least 30 minutes a day at least 4 days a week
5. Do meal planning
6. No unnecessary unnatural sugar
I don't necessarily have an problem with all the things listed above (like eating fast food) but I figured I'd just write them down as a goal anyway. I have a few more things in mind that I want to implement to stay on track, but I haven't made them into concrete goals yet, so I'll work on that this weekend! I do plan on having a "cheat day" when I can have pop, but I'll get them all figured out and written down for myself by Monday.  :)

FOUR.
I plan on doing this for my feet sometime soon, too! My feet don't look as bad as that person's left foot, but they are a little rougher than I'd like. Since I did the kitchen sink thing, I'm willing to try some of these other little tips that are floating around Facebook and Pinterest!

FIVE.
Tonight I'm going to a Zumba/Stella and Dot party put on by my BFF, Lauren. The party is going to start with a Zumba session and then end with some pretty jewelry. Lauren just recently became a Zumba instructor, so I'm super excited to take a class from her!! Yay!

Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment