I told myself that I needed to post about Christmas before the end of January, but for several reasons, that just didn't happen. So here I am in February, finally getting to it...
First, I never posted this family picture we took on Thanksgiving weekend right after we picked up the puppies. I'd say this was the official kick off to the Christmas season! I'm so happy that we got to include all members of our family - even the newest furry ones! (There's no way I could hold Millie like that anymore! Ahh! She was so tiny!)
Trent and I started our Christmas break on the 19th of December when we took off on our 10 day Christmas vacation trip to see family. We first went to his parents' house for the night and then started our Christmas celebrations on Saturday with a trip to his Grandma's house for lunch and a little gift opening. The girls received some money from their Great Grandma Fredericksen. I'd say Taylor was pretty dumbfounded by the amount that was in her card! She cracks me up!
This year, Christmas was pretty interesting. There were sick kids and sick adults all around, so we were pretty careful with who hung out with who and when. We had to postpone our family Christmas until Christmas Eve when the young girls were feeling better and when Melodie could at least handle sitting upright for a while. Being sick is no fun at all!!
In the days between events, Trent and I got to spend time with his parents watching some Christmas movies, playing games, eating good food, going to look at Christmas lights and Trent's mom and I even found some time to go and get our nails done. It was a nice and relaxing time!
Finally, when Christmas Eve came, some extended family came over for lunch. We were supposed to have our little gift exchange game that we do every year, but with several people being sick, we decided to postpone that until Easter when we'd all be together to cut down on some of the germ sharing!
Later in the evening, we had our gift opening with just immediate family. The girls got quite a few fun gifts and seeing how excited they get for different things is pretty awesome. Here's a few pictures from the evening.
Of course, the little puppies (Not even three months old at this point) got to play together. Never a dull moment with them around!
We ended the night with taking some pictures of each family (whether they wanted to or not!).
And I had to include another one of us because I love how Millie looks like she's smiling in this one!






No comments:
Post a Comment