Each week since we found out I was pregnant, I've been taking a picture and keeping track of some symptoms and important events of that week (you know, like blog people do when they're pregnant).
I'm going to keep doing it each week for my own records but I'm just going to put an abbreviated version on here. I haven't decided if I'm going to publish it on here each week or two weeks at a time or a month at a time or some combination of that yet... Time will tell!
I am 14 weeks today, but I wanted to share the whole first trimester first, so this one pretty long. I'll get fully caught up in the next few weeks!
Date
5 Weeks: December 15, 2014
6 Weeks: December 22, 2014
7 Weeks: December 29, 2014
8 Weeks: January 5, 2015
9 Weeks: January 12, 2015
10 Weeks: January 19, 2015
11 Weeks: January 26, 2015
12 Weeks: February 2, 2015
Baby Size
5 Weeks: Apple Seed
6 Weeks: Sweet Pea
7 Weeks: Blueberry
8 Weeks: Raspberry
9 Weeks: Green Olive
10 Weeks: Prune (Trent said he was going to eat a prune in celebration - maybe that is kind of morbid? I'm not sure)
11 Weeks: Lime
12 Weeks: Plum
Baby Milestones
5 Weeks: He's (I'm calling it a he for simplicity's sake) rocking the tadpole/alien look. The foundation of his major organs and systems are forming.
6 Weeks: His nose, eyes, ears, chin and cheeks are forming so he's looking less like an alien these days! He's also starting to circulate blood.
7 Weeks: Paddle looking hands and feet are emerging from his arms and legs. He still has a bit of a tail, but it keeps getting smaller. He doubled in size this past week, too, and is about a half inch long.
8 Weeks: Our baby's fingers and toes are starting to poke out - even though they're webbed now. His breathing tube is forming down to his lungs, he's got eyelids and his "tail" is about gone.
9 Weeks: Our baby is now a fetus! He's getting his facial features, too!
10 Weeks: Our baby's working on arm joints and his cartilage and bones are forming. He's getting fingernails and hair (hopefully getting hair anyway - babies with hair are so cute!) His vital organs are also fully developed and starting to form.
11 Weeks: Our little one is moving around in there! Tooth buds are starting to form and bones are beginning to harden. His hands are opening and closing as well!
12 Weeks: He's developing his reflexes and starting to open and close his fingers and curl his toes. His brain is developing along with his organs and tissues.
Weight Gain
5 Weeks: No idea. I'm feeling pretty bloated, so who knows.
6 Weeks: Last time I checked a few days ago, I hadn't gained anything, but who knows after the last few days of eating.
7 Weeks: I don't know but probably not much because I'm not doing so well at eating.
8 Weeks: I don't know but probably not much because I'm not doing so well at eating. I think I may have lost weight, which isn't good.
9 Weeks: I evidently took this question out of my weekly updates this week. I know I hadn't gained anything at this point yet, though...
10 Weeks: Still nothing really
11 Weeks: I still wasn't writing it down at this point, but I still don't think I had gained anything at this point... maybe 1 pound...?
12 Weeks: According to the Dr's scale, I had gained 2 pounds since my appointment 3 weeks ago (I'm not a fan of Dr's scales, though)
Maternity Clothes
5 Weeks: Not yet. But yoga pants sure are nice.
6 Weeks: Nope. Just regular clothes and yoga pants as often as I can!
7 Weeks: Nope
8 Weeks: Nope
9 Weeks: Nope
10 Weeks: Nope
11 Weeks: Nope, but it's getting time for me to do something with my pants.
12 Weeks: Not yet, but I should have bought a Belly Band a while back. If my pants have buttons, I unbutton them completely when I sit down and, at work, I only button the top one when I have to stand up. It's getting pretty tight in the belly area!
Started to Show Yet
5 Weeks: Just my little gas bubble in there!
6 Weeks: Not legitimately, but I'm feeling bigger.
7 Weeks: No - just bloated
8 Weeks: Just bloated still
9 Weeks: I don't think so. I think it's still just bloat.
10 Weeks: I don't think I officially am, but it's getting a lot easier to just let my belly hang out these days...
11 Weeks: Sometimes I think yes, and sometimes now, but mostly yes these days
12 Weeks: I definitely have something going on down there, but I'm not sure if it's baby or food yet. I haven't gained any real weight, so who knows.
Symptoms
5 Weeks: Just cramps pretty much every day and some bloatedness.
6 Weeks: The cramping is less, so hat's good. I have been feeling a little tired, but that's not bad either. Last night and today I think I started feeling slightly nauseous. It's very manageable, though, so I'm not complaining.
7 Weeks: Not much cramping, just nausea which is worse some days than others. It makes a lot of food just not sound very appetizing. The whole ovarian cyst ordeal happened this week, so that was painful and I also came down with a sucky cold for a few days.
8 Weeks: Oh he nausea and the being hungry and not wanting to eat anything!
9 Weeks: Started the week pretty sick, but it's seemed to taper off a little bit, which is nice!
10 Weeks: Still feeling pretty nauseous a lot of times and get sick if I don't keep my stomach full
11 Weeks: Pretty crappy most of the time unfortunately.
12 Weeks: Just the same ol' tiredness and being hungry and crappy feeling all the time. I feel like my sickness feeling got a little worse towards the end of the week and over the weekend. I even puked somewhere other than home for the first time (in the Best Buy parking lot next to the car... awesome)
Food Cravings
5 Weeks: None
6 Weeks: Nothing really, but eating does make my stomach feel better, so I'm just craving food in general at most times.
7 Weeks: No cravings. Most things don't sound good at all. The things that I've enjoyed lately are orange juice and grilled cheese.
8 Weeks: No cravings. I'm struggling in the eating department...
9 Weeks: Nothing really... food still doesn't sound good most times
10 Weeks: Nothing really... Had some donut holes this morning, though. I think I could make that a "thing" :)
11 Weeks: Most things still unappealing
12 Weeks: No real cravings. Still a love/hate relationship with food.
Aversions
5 Weeks: None
6 Weeks: Nothing in particular
7 Weeks: Nothing in particular - just most things!
8 Weeks: Same as last week.
9 Weeks: Lots of things it seems...
10 Weeks: Same
11 Weeks: Nothing specific... lots of things
12 Weeks: No real aversions to one particular thing, but I feel like NOT eating most things... So I guess I'm having an aversion to food in general...
Mood
5 Weeks: I think I'm pretty normal. Which probably means I'm mostly happy with a little moodiness tucked in there every once in a while.
6 Weeks: I'd say I'm pretty happy! Last Tuesday night I got up to let Millie out and I was so tired and disoriented, I could have cried just because I had to be awake. I then stayed home from work and slept for four hours before having to go to work at 1.
7 Weeks: Mostly good except for being extremely tired because I've been sick... so that doesn't make me a very fun person to be around I'm sure.
8 Weeks: Good except for being tired and sick feeling all the time.
9 Weeks: Pretty good. Had to work late several nights, so that made me pretty tired, but I think I still help up pretty well.
10 Weeks: Pretty good - just feel kid of mellow most of the time when I don't feel well and am tired.
11 Weeks: Just kind of blah most of the time... how would you feel if you felt sick and tired all day every day?!? HMMM!?!?
12 Weeks: Trent really pointed it out on Saturday that I started the day off in a good mood and then as the day went on it went down hill, I'm sure it was because we ate a lot of food that day and it made me pretty tired.
Sleep
5 Weeks: Pretty good, I think, except for getting up/waking up in the night when Millie wakes up even though Trent usually takes her out (He's so good to me!)
6 Weeks: Sleeping pretty well.
7 Weeks: I'm sleeping well for the most part, but since my nose is so plugged up, my mouth and throat get really dry...
8 Weeks: Pretty good except for having to get up to pee in the night and having to get up in the mornings to accommodate the puppy.
9 Weeks: Pretty good. Just not enough of it - and I hate getting up in the middle of the night to pee. I need to work on not drinking liquids later in the evening.
10 Weeks: The whole trying to not drink water late at night has helped a little with the night peeing (when I remember not to drink stuff) but going to bed at night has been good, but mornings aren't that great.
11 Weeks: I got my pregnancy/body pillow late last week and I LOVE it!!! It's so comfy! Even though it is a little awkward trying to get in and out of it... but once I'm in, it's all good! (and I'm sure I'll get used to it) I am still getting up to pee in the night, which is annoying and, last night, I had to get up and go eat something because I didn't feel that great... so hopefully that doesn't become a habit.
12 Weeks: Good for the most part. I have trouble ever getting myself to feel satisfied as far as food goes, and I hate going to bed feeling hungry, so that makes me a little uncomfortable... Still getting up in the night to go to the bathroom, but other than that, once I'm asleep, it's nice.
Dreams
5 Weeks: I haven't had any real recent dreams that I remember, but I do have a couple that I do remember from recent weeks. On Thanksgiving night (I would have been barely pregnant, if at all, at that time) I had a dream that I had taken a pregnancy test and it was on the counter in the house were I grew up. My sister found the test (which was positive) and knew I was pregnant before I did. It was weird.
I also had one a while after that where I was at a flea market booth type place and I picked out two ceramic/glass cookie jar/piggy bank looking things. One was pink and one was blue = Boy/Girl twins maybe? Haha (Don't tell Trent about that one!)
6 Weeks: The only one I can remember happened last week at some point. It had my Director at work, Carrie, in it, and at one point, she asked me to go print something for our Controller. One side of the paper had important information on it already and I was supposed to print the UP logo on the other side. For some reason, the printer was the toilet and when I would flush it, blood would pour out of it. I was really nervous about putting this paper in there to print on it because I didn't want to do it wrong and ruin it by getting blood on it or printing on the wrong side or anything... And then there was an outdoor mall with food and stuff... Random, I know!
7 Weeks: I've had a few, but can only remember the one I had this morning. It involved a girl I used to know and haven't talked to in like six years. She was a part of something where people voluntarily commit suicide because they are gay or something like that. She came up to me while I was in the crowd at this event and I tried to talk her out of doing what she was scheduled to do. We ended up going into what was the basement of the house I grew up in to talk about God and why she shouldn't do it, etc. There was a part of it where we were on a bus or trailer or something through Omaha and ended up being in the Omaha Zoo or something like that...
8 Weeks: No interesting ones this week.
9 Weeks: No interesting ones that I remember
10 Weeks: Still no more interesting ones
11 Weeks: I had like three different ones in the past few days that I meant to write down so I could remember, but of course, I didn't and now I can't remember them... lame, I know
12 Weeks: I did have one dream that Kellsey told us that she was pregnant and due in August before we had a chance to tell her that we were expecting. When I woke up, I had a moment of thinking it was true, but then I remembered that it didn't really happen. :) Someday!
Miss Anything
5 Weeks: Nothing too much... Other than maybe Dr. Pepper a little bit.
6 Weeks: Carbonated drinks...
7 Weeks: No. I suppose the whole not being able to take any medicine thing crossed my mind, but hat's not the end of the world. I'm just glad that I haven't had to go work through all this!
8 Weeks: Not feeling sick
9 Weeks: Part of me really wanted a Dr. Pepper a few times this week...
10 Weeks: Nothing really... Other than not feeling nauseous
11 Weeks: Nothing really, except the same ol' missing not being nauseous thing... and part of me really wants a fountain Dr. Pepper... I want some carbonation, but not the Sierra Mist that we've been okay with me having...
12 Weeks: Just miss not feeling crappy and not fitting into my pants and having to find a flowy shirt to wear every day to work! I also think I really do miss Dr. Pepper (maybe I have a problem!) After I deliver this baby, I'm having a big one!! :)
Gender Prediction
5 Weeks: No clue
6 Weeks: None really - But I think I just imagine us having a girl... but I don't really have any reason to think that...
7 Weeks: No clue at the moment, but that's okay!
8 Weeks: No clue.
9 Weeks: None really.
10 Weeks: None
11 Weeks: I've got nothing...
12 Weeks: I don't know! I'm excited about the possibility of either!!
Names
5 Weeks: We have decided we're not going to talk about names until after the first trimester. I haven't thought too much about it except I do have one girl name that I have loved for a while.
6 Weeks: I still like the same girl name as always, but we still haven't talked names at all yet.
7 Weeks: Same.
8 Weeks: Same ol'
9 Weeks: No change here
10 Weeks: No change
11 Weeks: Still nothin' here
12 Weeks: We talked about names!!! That makes it so much more real!! It's crazy the pressure of naming a human being!
Told Family and Friends
5 Weeks: No one yet. The only people that know are us and our doctor and nurse. And our eye doctor! haha. I figured he was a safe person to tell! (I just blurted it out when he asked if we had any kids)
6 Weeks: Haven't told anyone new this week. I wrote that in the morning and by the night, we had told Trent's parents. It wasn't on purpose, but it just happened. It was pretty great. (I'll tell these stories at a later time!)
7 Weeks: Told my mom yesterday!
8 Weeks: No one new this week.
9 Weeks: This week, I told my boss, so I could explain to her why I made a Dr's appointment on Day 6 of year-end close. Something that I would never do otherwise. She was excited for us! Then, we ran into the leader of my Bible study, Julie, at the Women's Center when were were there for our appointment (she works there) so I got to tell her, too. It was so fun to tell someone who had been praying for us and our baby before he was even conceived!
10 Weeks: This week we got to tell Nick and Doreen on Saturday morning as well as Jared and Kenzie
11 Weeks: This past weekend, we got to tell Trent's sister and her family. It was so much fun to be able to tell them and then talk about being pregnant all day!
12 Weeks: This weekend was a big event of telling people! Everyone we hadn't been able to see in person yet, we made plans to see. On Saturday, we made a trip to my mom's for breakfast with Grandma and Grandpa Kock, Uncle Dan and Alex (and my mom and Jared, too) and we got to tell them, then we drove to Webster City for lunch with Trent's Grandma and got to tell her, and then we finished up in Des Moines and got to tell Kellsey and Wade. Our time in Des Moines was cut short by the bad weather, but it was still so fun!
On Sunday, I got to tell Lauren when she was over for the Super Bowl, then I texted my close friends to tell them!
This was all after we got to tell Jocelyn on Wednesday night when she came over to our house for supper.
Almost everyone knows finally!
On Sunday, I got to tell Lauren when she was over for the Super Bowl, then I texted my close friends to tell them!
This was all after we got to tell Jocelyn on Wednesday night when she came over to our house for supper.
Almost everyone knows finally!
Best Moment of the Week
5 Weeks: Getting a positive pregnancy test!! Having blood tests come back positive and looking good. Having it be just Trent and I who know this little big secret
6 Weeks: Being done with work for 2014! Telling Trent's parents!
7 Weeks: Christmas with family, seeing our baby on ultrasound and seeing its heartbeat! (we got to see it early since we went to the ER on Christmas Eve due to an ovarian cyst) Telling my mom!
8 Weeks: I didn't write anything down, so nothing exciting must have happened this week...
9 Weeks: Having our first appointment and getting to see our baby and know that everything was looking great. A close second was telling Julie!
10 Weeks: Telling more people... Having a pretty relaxing weekend at home.
11 Weeks: When Melodie noticed the ultrasound picture that we had hung up. It was so fun! Also looking at nursery furniture and having a real reason to be looking at it!
12 Weeks: Having an appointment last Friday and hearing the baby's heartbeat. It was nice to know that all is still well in there! :) (Heartbeat was in the upper 160s... 167-169!)
Also telling our family member and getting to actually text with Kellsey about it a little. It makes it so much more real to be able to actually talk about being pregnant!
Also telling our family member and getting to actually text with Kellsey about it a little. It makes it so much more real to be able to actually talk about being pregnant!
Looking Forward to
5 Weeks: Being off of work for two weeks for Christmas/New Years and our doctor appointment on the 9th of January
6 Weeks: More Christmas parties with family!
7 Weeks: A few days at home with just our little family.
8 Weeks: Our first real prenatal appointment on Friday!!
9 Weeks: Getting to tell more family - but not sure when that is going to happen.
10 Weeks: Telling Trent's sister and her family this weekend!
11 Weeks: Telling more people! (I wonder if I'll be happy or relieved after we've told everyone that we want to tell...) This week, we're telling Jocelyn, Grandma and Grandpa Kock, Kellsey and Wade, and Trent's Grandma! I'm also looking forward to our next Dr's appointment on Friday morning!
12 Weeks: Being done with our first wave of business at work after Friday! Going to Des Moines for our Jons Girls' Weekend and telling the last of our family (besides Gma and Gpa Jons that is) that we will be able to tell in person. Hopefully feeling better very soon! Only a little over one more week before I can tell my co-workers and then start blogging about the baby on my public blog (this one!) and share it with extended family. Then this will be public knowledge (well as public as we're going to make it) And then I can just let my belly hang out for the whole world to see! Haha
Not Looking Forward to
5 Weeks: Having to keep this pregnancy a secret from our families all beak. It will be interesting to be sharing a house with people for 5ish days (5 with Trent's family and 5 with mine) and have to keep something so big a secret. I hope that I don't give it away by getting sick or really hungry or something!
6 Weeks: Having to worry about turning down pop and alcohol without anyone thinking anything's going on!
7 Weeks: Going back to work on Friday... Boo!
8 Weeks: Working a lot starting this week! I hope I can make it!
9 Weeks: Another week of being hungry all the time and not liking a lot of food.
10 Weeks: Keeping this big secret still... It'd be just so nice to talk about it and how I'm feeling with people!
11 Weeks: Coming to work every day. I just want to lounge around in sweatpants all day!
12 Weeks: I had nothing for this week!



Bah! I'm going to be stalking you like crazy!! So so so excited for this little tiny human to join your wonderful family. :)
ReplyDeleteCongrats, Kendra! So excited for you guys. Enjoy. :)
ReplyDelete