Monday, February 23, 2015

Baby Fred {Weeks 13 - 15}

I'm 15 weeks today, so this post gets me all caught up! 
Here's my 13-15 week update!


I feel like I need a disclaimer here... I usually take these pictures in the morning and I took my 15 week picture (the one on the right) in the evening after work, so I think that is why I look so immensely huge in that picture. That is not real! haha. I have even been making comments about how I don't think my stomach has been getting any bigger... that picture makes me look like a liar! That is all.

Date
13 Weeks: February 9, 2015
14 Weeks: February 16, 2015
15 Weeks: February 23, 2015

Baby Size
13 Weeks: Peach (that seems so big!)
14 Weeks: Lemon!
15 Weeks: Orange

Baby Milestones
13 Weeks: His vocal cords and teeth are forming and he's got little fingerprints! His intestines are moving from the umbilical cord to their permanent place in his body!
14 Weeks: He's making facial expressions and may be sucking his thumb. (let's not make that a habit, mister!) His kidneys are making some pee :) He's about 3.5 inches and weighs 1.5 ounces.
15 Weeks: His joints and limbs can all move now. He's about 4 inches long and weighs 2.5 ounces.

Weight Gain
13 Weeks: More than 2 but less that 5 :)
14 Weeks: My unofficial guess is right around 3 pounds... I'm not sure where I started, so it's hart to say how much I've gained at this point. 
15 Weeks: Still less than 5...

Maternity Clothes
13 Weeks: I bought my first maternity clothes this weekend! I got three pairs of pants, two dresses and a Belly Band. I wore the maternity jeans on Sunday and they were pretty good except that I had to pull them up all the time. WAY more comfortable. I wore the Belly Band to work and I don't know if I love it, but it did its job and held my pants up. I am actually really looking forward to wearing my full panel maternity pants! I just think they are going to be so comfy! :)
14 Weeks: I'm wearing maternity pants or belly band to work every day, but I'm still in regular shirts. I bought some maternity leggings (I lost my legging virginity) and my first comfy maternity shirt at Target on Saturday. I has said I could wear that new outfit every day, but I don't think that's going to fly :)
15 Weeks: still wearing regular shirts for the most part but wearing maternity pants or some kind of modified pants all the time... except for when I am wearing yoga pants or sweatpants, which are heavenly!

Started to Show Yet
13 Weeks: The baby is definitely pushing out my fat that was already there, so I'm going to go with yes...?!?
14 Weeks: A little, yes
15 Weeks: Yes, but I feel like I haven't gotten any bigger lately... not that it's necessarily a bad thing because I know people get bigger at different rates, but it's just a strange thing.

Symptoms
13 Weeks: I think all my symptoms are just regular pregnancy stuff. I don't get sick nearly as often, but I did gag/puke this morning around 4 when we were up with Millie, but that was just because my stomach was empty and I was awake in the middle of the night. Had I been sleeping, that wouldn't have happened :)
14 Weeks: I feel pretty good for the most part. Still just hungry and getting nauseous just when I need to eat something.
15 Weeks: I've been feeling what I think is round ligament pain and other stretching in my belly area. I've been having the same ol' back pain and numbness when I sleep. Still getting sick every so often, so that can be done anytime now! :)

Food Cravings
13 Weeks: No cravings. Just still eating whatever sounds good to me at the moment...
14 Weeks: No cravings really, I did eat almost an entire pineapple in 24 hours, though, so fruit is still up on the list.
15 Weeks: No cravings, but I like cold things... mostly fruit

Aversions
13 Weeks: No aversions that I know of. If it doesn't sound good, I just don't eat it...
14 Weeks: Nothing specific.
15 Weeks: Still just don't like a lot of things.

Mood
13 Weeks: I think it's pretty good :)
14 Weeks: I still think it's pretty good. Maybe I should be the one answering this question!
15 Weeks: Good except for when I'm sick or tired. (My coworker just told me I was crabby, so I guess I probably should work on that...)

Sleep
13 Weeks: good except for the pain that I have to the right of my tailbone in my lower back when I lay on my side and when I lay on my right side, my left hip goes numb... so we'll see if that lasts or if I need to figure out how to make it all go away.
14 Weeks: Sleeping is starting to get more uncomfortable. Either my hips are going numb or my back is hurting. Sleep has always been one of my favorite things and it's slowly losing its top spot.
15 Weeks: Still pretty uncomfortable. We stayed at Trent's parents' house on Saturday night and I ended up moving to the couch in the early morning and that actually was pretty comfortable since I could rest my back up on the back of the couch and not have to hold myself on my side. I did just have to rotate from side to side to help with my numb-side issue.

Dreams
13 Weeks: I had some, but none that were shocking enough to remember, I guess!
14 Weeks: Nothing too memorable.
15 Weeks: I had a few this week... In one, the whole Jons' family was together along with my Grandma and Grandpa Kock and I was trying to get everyone together for a family picture and NO ONE would cooperate with me. I ended up getting super frustrated and gave up and cried and it just was a bad deal... I remember thinking that if my dad was there, he would have been annoyed with the whole me taking a picture thing, but at he at least would have yelled at everyone to cooperate and they would have listened to him!

Miss Anything
13 Weeks: Dr. Pepper
14 Weeks: Dr. Pepper
15 Weeks: Dr. Pepper

Gender Prediction
13 Weeks: I'm thinking it's a boy these days.
14 Weeks: I still kind of think boy, but I really have no clue.
15 Weeks: I'm still thinking it's a boy, but I've let my mind wander to the possibility of a girl a few times and I believed that... so who knows! I'm going to be so surprised either way!

Names
13 Weeks: Nothing new here.
14 Weeks: We still throw out names every once in a while when we see one we like. I found another girl name that I like, but I'm not sure if it's enough to overtake my ultimate favorite!
15 Weeks: We talked a little more about what our favorites are for girls. I told Trent i wanted triplet girls so we could use all three of my top girl names and not have to pick!! Too late for that, I suppose!

Told Family and Friends
13 Weeks: This weekend I got to tell Aunt Barb, Meghan, Molly and Steph. I also texted Miranda to tell her, so that was a lot of fun!
14 Weeks: This week, I told my coworkers (They all said they already knew and were just waiting for me to say it out loud... haha) and also told any extended family who hadn't already heard. 
15 Weeks: 

Best Moment of the Week
13 Weeks: Shopping for maternity clothes with my mom and sister and buying them! I can't wait to actually look like I need them! haha
14 Weeks: Making this all not a secret anymore! It's nice to just tell anyone I want to now and walk around with my belly hanging out and not care who sees! 
15 Weeks: Spending the weekend with Trent's family celebrating Taylor and Jenna's birthdays! Also a few little victories at work that made my week a little better!

Looking Forward to
13 Weeks: Things being less crazy with work so I can figure out all that we need to do to prepare for this baby!!
14 Weeks: I evidently didn't have anything to look forward to this week.
15 Weeks: The weekend!! Just because I love the weekend and because this weekend is Girls' weekend with my friends! We also have an appointment on Friday morning and I can't wait to hear the heartbeat again and ask some of the questions that we have!

1 comment:

  1. Aww!! I'm just loving this!! I read every single word.. just so you know. Can't believe you're 15 weeks already!!

    ReplyDelete