My Halloween Scare
Date: Friday, October 28, 2011
Time: Approximately 5:45 a.m.
I had finally gotten up the strength to pull myself out of bed for the day and I went and made my way to the bathroom, still half asleep. I finally opened my eyes all of the way and something happened to catch my eye on the floor by the corner next to the door... This is what I saw:
I was instantly paralyzed, scared out of my mind. I didn't want to make any sudden movements because I didn't want it to attack me or move before we could kill and and then I would always have the thought in the back of my mind that this thing was loose in our apartment. So after I figured out what I was going to do, I very carefully reached out and opened the door very slowly and then I slithered out of the bathroom, keeping as much distance as I could so it would stay right where it was. As soon as I got out of the bathroom, I did one of those freak out, "I just saw something really nasty" dances, and yelled out to Trent that there was the biggest, nastiest spider I'd ever seen in the bathroom and he HAD to get up and kill it. He whined a little and said he didn't want to get out of bed, but I insisted that he get it NOW. So then he got up and said he'd kill it but I couldn't watch, so I went and took Mattie outside and Trent came to my rescue and killed the big, bad spider. Needless to say, at that point, I was thoroughly traumatized and wide awake.
At that point, I let him go back to sleep in peace. Although, that was a little more excitement than I needed to have that early in the morning, I can't tell you how happy I was to figure out that it was a fake spider. I would probably be checking every corner in the apartment for spiders if that one had been real, thinking that it had little babies running around or even brothers and sisters!
I guess that was an appropriate way to start off my Halloween weekend.
Hope you all had a good weekend and have a Happy Halloween!!
Date: Friday, October 28, 2011
Time: Approximately 5:45 a.m.
I had finally gotten up the strength to pull myself out of bed for the day and I went and made my way to the bathroom, still half asleep. I finally opened my eyes all of the way and something happened to catch my eye on the floor by the corner next to the door... This is what I saw:
When I got back inside from letting Mattie out, I went on with my routine, and started getting some breakfast. I opened the cupboard and reached up to the top shelf to get some bowls. I put them on the counter, and then reached to the bottom shelf to grab two spoons. When I looked down to the bottom shelf, I jumped back a little because of this:
Again, for a moment, I was terrified because there was ANOTHER ONE! But then I got a closer look at it and I realized it was a plastic spider! I stormed into the bedroom and flipped on the light and told Trent how mean he was! He was just laying there with his head in his pillow chuckling away. I turned the light back off and went back to what I was doing. And then... it hit me... The one in the bathroom was fake too! (Yes, it took me that long to realize it!) So I stormed back in the bed room and flipped the light back on again and said, "The one in the bathroom was fake, too, wasn't it!?!" By this time, he was laughing even harder. I am pretty sure that I went over to him and shook him a little and I think I may have told him that we were getting a divorce too, since he was so mean to me! ;) I haven't been that genuinely freaked out in a long while, I don't think.
At that point, I let him go back to sleep in peace. Although, that was a little more excitement than I needed to have that early in the morning, I can't tell you how happy I was to figure out that it was a fake spider. I would probably be checking every corner in the apartment for spiders if that one had been real, thinking that it had little babies running around or even brothers and sisters!
I guess that was an appropriate way to start off my Halloween weekend.
Hope you all had a good weekend and have a Happy Halloween!!



No comments:
Post a Comment