Friday, November 4, 2011

NaBloPoMo

I was informed through this post that November is National Blog Posting Month, or NaBloPoMo, which is a month long writing exercise intended to occur annually in November that encourages bloggers to post every single day during the month. I know it's already the 4th, but I think that I'll just have to do my own little rendition of  NaBloPoMo. As I am studying for the CPA exam, I feel a little bad when I do anything besides studying, so I think I am going to just post 'more than normal' this year and then next year I'll take a stab at the whole every day thing. (And my test is next Saturday, so after that, hopefully I'll have a little more time!)

This past week, I have also discovered and joined the site Pinterest. It is described on the Pinterest site as "a virtual pinpoard -- a place where you can create collections of things you love and "follow" collections created by people with great taste. People use Pinterest to collect and share all sorts of things -- wedding inspiration (wish I had this when I was planning!), favorite T-shirts, DJ equipment. You name it, people are pinning it." I'm not sure if there could have been a worse time for me to discover this site, as I should be spending ALL of my extra time studying, but I do find myself wandering there every once in a while. Trent even had to disconnect the internet to my computer so I would stay on task!

What I love most about the site so far is just the ability for me to remember all of the cute and awesome things I'm seeing that aren't necessarily things I can do or have right now, but they are things that I will potentially want to go back and find later on to incorporate into my life. On the site, there are 'boards' where you pin things to kind of categorize the items you are 'pinning'. You can keep the standard boards that they put on your profile when you start, or you can edit them and make them your own. As of right now, I have 10 boards:
  • Crafts/DIY
  • Dream Home
  • Food
  • The Fredericksen's
  • Future Baby Fred (No, I'm not pregnant nor are we trying!!) Had to put a disclaimer so no one would get confused!
  • Holidays!!
  • Home/Decor
  • My Style
  • Photos
  • Quotes/Sayings/Motivation
I love that I've been able to discover so much cute crafty/DIY stuff as well as Home/Decor things that I can't necessarily do now since I'm studying so much and because it wouldn't go with or fit in our apartment now, but when I get some free time or when we move, I will be able to go back and see all the things I've "liked" in the past and do those things then. I'm pretty excited about it :) I have also discovered a few other great blogs to follow through Pinterest. I'm excited to read their blogs and learn from their tutorials and blog styles.

If you'd like to check out Pinterest, you can go to the site and look around. If you want to start pinning, just email me or leave a comment and let me know and I'll send you an invite, as the site is 'invite only'. Here is A Beginner's Guide to Pinterest, a blog post that someone else put out there that will have some more explanatory information for you.

So back to this exam... I have 8 days left until I have to take it!!! AHHHH!!! I'm not ready yet, I don't think, but I guess I don't know if I'll ever be ready enough. A girl that I work with, Stephanie, is also working towards getting certified as a CPA, and took her first test on October 1st (she took the same test I will be taking next Saturday). She got her score back this morning on that test. You have to get at least a 75 on all the tests to pass and she got an 87!! I got a text from her this morning a little before 7 that said "87!! Holy Crap!!" That made me smile and I am so happy for her! It's also kind of a tiny weight lifted off my shoulder to know that she did so well because we are using the same study materials and kind of doing the same study routines, so at least I know the materials work and it's possible to pass!

Besides being National Blog Posting Month and No Shave November, November is also a month to be thankful for all of the wonderful blessings in our lives. On Facebook, a lot of people like to put something that they are thankful for as their status every day. I am going to do the same type of thing in my blog, but I'm going to do it like I am doing NaBloPoMo, I might have to play catch up every few days. Kind of like this:

1. I am thankful for my husband (and yes it's still a little strange to call him my husband). I am so thankful that God has placed him in my life and gave us both the strength to hang on to each other and realize that we were meant to spend our lives together. Even though I know I drive him nuts a lot, he is still so amazing to me and I don't know what I would do without him. (I know I would at least have to take the trash out then...) He is so supportive of me and has been very patient with me while I am studying which means that he has to do a lot of the cleaning and cooking (even though he does a lot of that anyway - what can I say? He's wonderful!). Trent is my best friend and I am so thankful that I get to walk through the rest of my life with him by my side.

2. I am thankful for my amazing parents. I am so blessed to have the most wonderful parents who would do absolutely anything for me! I have been so spoiled throughout my entire life and I am certain that I haven't thanked them enough for everything that they have done and sacrificed to give me and my siblings the greatest childhoods and futures! They also always been there to show me what love looks like through their own marriage and have always supported me in everything that I have done. I would not be who I am today without them!


3. I am also thankful for the rest of my family. I have the greatest siblings anyone could ask for, and even though we drive each other crazy sometimes, we're always there for each other and I love them so much. I am blessed to now have a new brother-in-law, who I love especially because he is so good to my sister. I am so lucky to be so close to all of my family members and have the best grandparents, aunts and uncles, cousins, great aunts and uncles, second and third cousins, cousins once, twice, and three times removed... You get the point! If I wasn't me, I'd be jealous of myself and my sweet family! :) Thanks for being so cool, everyone!


4. This year I have a new thing to be thankful for. I am thankful for my in-laws!! I am so blessed to have the greatest in-laws ever. Trent's parents are absolutely the best. From the very beginning, they have welcomed me into their family and I am so grateful to feel the genuine love and care that they have for me. I am also thankful for my new sister- and brother-in-law and my two beautiful nieces. I now have two amazing older sisters! And I couldn't be more proud to be 'Aunt Kendra' to the greatest little girls.

I think that catches me up for these past 4 days!  Trent and I are off to Ankeny after work and I'm going to the Ankeny Craft Show with the girls in the morning and then we're back home for the rest of the weekend and I'm going to study study study!!!! I hope you are all having a great start to your November and have a great weekend!

Chow! 
Mattie on our last trip to Ankeny.
By this point, she knows we're almost there!


No comments:

Post a Comment