Monday, November 28, 2011

Thankful: Day 24 (Thanksgiving) - 28

24. I am thankful for Thanksgiving!


Thanksgiving is such a great day. It has always been a day where I am surrounded by lots of loving family members. This year I had the joy of meeting some of Trent's family that I had never met before, and that was very special to me. It was great to be there to see his family get to sit and talk with family members that they hadn't seen in a while. You could really tell that it was a very special day to all of them, especially the older generations who loved bringing back the old tradition of getting together on Thanksgiving Day again.
What a wonderful day to stop and be thankful for all the loving family we have!


25. I am thankful for Mattie. One thing that I am very happy that I gained through marriage is the cutest beagle ever. Mattie is the most snuggly, adorable dog ever and I am so glad that she is in my life. Even though her whining is a tad obnoxious at times, it warms my heart when she whines because she can hear me coming home from work and then comes and greets me when I get to the door. And I love it when she crawls into the spare bed in our apartment while I'm studying and keeps me company. Mattie has so much love to give and loves to be loved back. I am so lucky to get to be a 'mother' to such a sweet dog! 

26. I am thankful for dual climate control and socks! More often than not, I am cold. And most of the time, I am more cold than anyone else that I am with, and most of the time that other person is Trent. That is why I am so happy that our new car has dual climate control, so I can have mine set as high as it will go (90 degrees) and he can have his down at a cool 70 degrees. I joke that we're going to cause some sort of weather disaster or hurricane or something because of the drastic temperature changes that we create in the car.
I also love socks - especially my warm fuzzy ones that I wear to bed (which are very attractive! Just ask Trent). I find it almost impossible to sleep when my feet are cold, so those babies warm my feet up right away and allow me to stop thinking about how cold my feet are and go to sleep!

27. I am thankful for having a fun, game playing family. Some of the best memories that I have with  my family are of us all playing games. I love that everyone has such a fun time together doing the same thing and we all just laugh and have tons of fun. I love that we had so much fun this weekend playing Dominos, Trivial Pursuit, Taboo and BananaGrams. I am thankful when even more of our family can get together and play Nuts or other card games and I love that we'll try pretty much any game that sounds fun at least once!

28. I am thankful for Jocelyn Kock. (and I'm not just saying that because she told me to!) I am very lucky to have a cousin that is so close to me in age and to have been able to go through middle school and high school with her. I was lucky to be able to dance with her and play sports with her and really just experience a lot of great things together. Pretty much all of my memories from high school have Jocelyn in them in some way. We were either having a blast at family get togethers or playing sports together or just hanging out together and making a fun time out of anything. Even though we don't see each other that often anymore, we still get to see each other as much as possible and, every time we do, it is a great time. I am looking forward going through all of the exciting events that are to come in our lives as we get older. I am lucky to not only have a great cousin but to have an amazing friend!

No comments:

Post a Comment