Monday, November 7, 2011

Thankful: Days 5 - 7

5. I am thankful for my job. I know I have said it before, but I will say it again, I am so lucky to have my job. It was totally by chance that I even got an interview here and I definitely got in at the right time. UP doesn't really recruit at The BIG Morningside College, so the fact that I got my resume in the door, is a miracle. Also, UP does most of their recruiting for college grads in the fall, so by the time that I started looking for a job in Omaha in early April, normally, the jobs would be filled for new graduates. But, luckily with the way the economy was around that time, they were very conservative with how many people they hired in the fall, and come spring, they needed more new hires. I knew someone who used to work at UP who was able to give my resume to someone they used to work with, who passed it on to HR. So, I got my interview and found out one day before my 23rd birthday that I had gotten the job!
I feel so blessed that everything came together and I now work at an amazing company with amazing people and I love what I do. I have learned so much since I started here and I know there is yet an endless amount of information for me to take in. Someone was definitely looking out for me through my job search process, as I know there are many people in this country who don't have a job at all, and I am very blessed to have a job that I truly love. 


6. I am thankful for weekends! Even though I do love my job, I love weekends even more! I love being able to sleep in (when we don't have anything going on). I love being able to see family and just hang out and I love just getting an opportunity to fill the day with things that we want to do. Even though my weekends are filled with studying these days, I've certainly managed to find time to do fun things and, soon enough, I will reclaim all 48 hours of my weekend!


7. I am thankful for my friends. I am blessed to have some very great friends. Even when I don't get to see them for weeks and even sometimes months at a time, when we get back together, it is like no time has passed. I have so many wonderful memories with the girls that I met at college, and I am thankful for all of the circumstances that brought us together and for the many things that keep us close. 


What are you thankful for?

No comments:

Post a Comment