Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Thankful: Day 8

8. I am thankful for today! A while ago, my wonderful and wise mother shared this on her Facebook wall:


I really think that is something to think about. How often do we really take a second during the day to realize what we are given and how lucky we are and thank God for those things. Today was one of those days where I just realized that I have so much to be thankful for.

I am thankful for the comfy bed that I get to sleep in, for the husband I get to sleep next to and the dog that cuddles in with us each night. I am thankful for the phone that I am able to set to wake me up in the morning. I am thankful that it allows me to set two different alarms, so it will wake me up when I shut the first one off in my sleep. I am thankful for all of the makeup and hair products that I have that will make me look halfway decent when I get up a half hour before I need to leave for work because I shut off my first alarm.

I am thankful for the shoes that I bought over 5 years ago that I still wear at least once a week. I am thankful for the coat that keeps me warm when I walk out the door and I am thankful for my husband who I get to kiss goodbye each morning before work.

I am thankful for the job that I have that allows me to see new faces each day and to hopefully brighten each person's day as I walk by and smile and say "Good morning" to them. I am thankful for the computer and internet and the ability to sit at a computer all day and chat with my husband and sister and friends occasionally throughout the day.

I am thankful for us to be able to order pizza on Sundays and for my bestest friend Lauren to come over on Sunday to watch The Walking Dead with us. I am thankful that, because of her, we ordered two pizzas instead of just one last Sunday, so I was able to have leftover pizza for lunch today for the second day this week.

I am thankful for the car that I am able to drive across town after work to pick up the wedding rings that I am blessed to have as a reminder of the man who loves me and gave them to me. I am also thankful the store was willing to fix that ring for me. I am thankful to be able to stop at Wal Mart on my way home and have the money to buy my husband Modern Warfare 3 and to surprise him with it when I get home. I am thankful for the smile that it brings to his face and I am thankful to sit in the other room while he plays and hear him talk to the TV when things go wrong (or right) while he's playing. I am thankful for the ability to read, so I can catch up on the latest Kim Kardashian news in my People Magazine while I eat supper and I am thankful for the dog that cuddles up in the bed across the room from me and keeps me company while I study.


I am thankful for the toothbrush that I will be able to use to brush my teeth before I go to bed and the clean water to do it with. I am thankful for the opportunity to get a good nights sleep in a warm apartment with the heat cranked up high and I am oh so thankful for the opportunity to wake up tomorrow and do it all over again!

Thank you, Lord, for all that you have blessed me and my family with.

What have you thanked God for today?

No comments:

Post a Comment