Thursday, October 20, 2011

October 2011

It has been a busy 3 weeks! I can't believe how fast October is going.

It all started with Kellsey and Wade's wedding. It was an amazing day! It was great weather and the ceremony was beautiful with all of the green and trees around us. The ceremony was beautiful (I may have teared up a little) and the whole day was just so much fun! Not to mention that Kellsey was absolutely beautiful!!



The week after the wedding we started our quarter close at work, so that made for some busy days and late nights. I worked as long as I could on Saturday before I had to take off for Ames for another wedding. My cousin Tricia got married. It was another beautiful day and it was great to see all our family again.

Trent had taken the day off work on Friday to spend some extra time with his parents and then we both spent the evening after the wedding at their house. It was great to get to visit with them for a little on Saturday night. We then had to take off again early on Sunday morning to make it back for church in Westside. We were celebrating my Grandma and Grandpa Jons' 60th wedding anniversary! Sixty years seems like such a long time, and it is such a great thing to have gotten to spend 60 years of your life with someone you love. They are still very much in love and you can tell! It makes me so happy when Grandpa tells us how much he loves Grandma. They are such a great model of what love looks like for all of the newly married and 'oldly' married couples in our family. :)


I love this picture of Grandma and Grandpa at Kellsey's wedding.
They're so cute!

I also love this picture of my Grandma when she was younger.
She looks very beautiful!
 After church, the church members all celebrated with cake and then family members came for a lunch at the church before we headed back to Omaha.

The last week and a a half have then been busy with lots of work, buying a new car, and studying for the CPA exam (only 23 days left until my first test! EEE!). Our earnings release was today here at work and we file our 10Q tomorrow, so things will settle down here and I'll be able to study even more hopefully while also getting to spend some more time just relaxing!

This weekend we're headed to Webster City on Saturday to have lunch with Trent's Grandma. It will be very great to see her again! And then on Sunday we get to go to Taylor's Sunday School program. I can't wait to see that! It is going to be so cute!

Hope you're having a good week. Enjoy the weekend!

Couldn't have the blog post without a cute picture of Mattie!
She's so funny when she uses a pillow like a human!


No comments:

Post a Comment