The most exciting thing that we've done recently, is that last weekend we headed to Ankeny to go out for supper with Trent's parents and his sister and husband for Trent's parents' 35th wedding anniversary. It was a great time. We had great food at a very nice restaurant in Des Moines and then we were going to go to a movie, but when we got there the movie we wanted to see was sold out, so we ended up just going to another restaurant for some dessert and drinks. I'd have to say I think I liked that the movie was sold out because we got to sit and talk and spend more time together at the restaurant because of it. It was very nice to be able to celebrate with them! It's crazy to think about being married for 35 years after being married for only 8 months!
I've still been working quite a bit lately. We had our earnings release for year end on the 19th which was the first hurdle to get over for 2012, and now we are continuing to work on getting our 10K report out. We file that on Friday of this week, which happens to be Day 3 of our 4-day month close process for January, so it's never ending excitement! (a touch of sarcasm there) Our next big thing at work is a big report that is due on the 31st of March, just in time for us to report on the first quarter of 2012 in April!
Stuck in the middle of all that will be my next CPA test, which is a week from Thursday, on the 9th of February. I decided to schedule the rest of my tests on weekdays so I didn't have to try to squeeze them in on weekends or anything like that. Also, when you sign up to take the tests, you have 6 months to actually take the tests that you signed up for. And since I signed up for my first two on July 9th, my last day to take those tests is February 9th... nothing like me waiting until the last minute to get it in, huh?!? My reasoning behind waiting until the last possible day is that it's been super crazy at work and with us closing the month of January on Monday the 6th of February and the 7th will also be a busy day for me at work too, I'll then have to 8th to really finish studying and then I can take the day off on Thursday to take the test. Hopefully it all works out.
My third test will be on Monday, April 2nd, which will be the next "slow" day that I'll be able to fit in to take at least a half day off of work. It will be the first work day after we file our big report on the 30th of March and a few days before we'll start compiling our 10Q Report for the 1st quarter. And my (hopefully) last test will be the 25th of May, the Friday before Memorial Day weekend and our 1 year anniversary! It will be very nice to be able to enjoy that weekend and our anniversary and hopefully just be waiting to hear about what my last score is. (I keep saying hopefully because I still have to pass all 3 of the tests I have left!)
I am squeezing my last 3 tests in to February, April, and May, because I really just want to get it all over with. You can't take the CPA tests in the months of March, June, September, or December because they don't offer testing in those months, so I REALLY want to have them done in May as opposed to waiting and having to keep studying through July. I long for the days when I will be able to sleep past 5 am each morning and watch tv or surf the internet (and read all the blogs I follow and post to my own) without feeling guilty about not studying.
I AM glad to say that Mattie and I survived Trent being gone for a few days last week without any major disasters. If you all remember, last time Trent left us in November, we experienced the flooding of our apartment which resulted in us living in a hotel for a little over 3 weeks. That whole catastrophe was right before I took my first CPA test, so it was about time for something major to happen to keep me from studying for this one that's coming up so very soon. Thankfully, we made it through with the man in our lives not being here for those few days!
Wow... this has turned into quite a long post about nothing much... If you made it through this, congratulations =) Hope you're having a great weekend!
Goodnight!


No comments:
Post a Comment