Friday, August 16, 2013

Bailey's Baby!!

Tomorrow two of my friends, Lauren and Tricia, and I are hosting a baby shower for one of our best friends, Bailey. She is due at the beginning of September with her first baby. A little girl, Harper Lee!!
 
I can't believe that the time for her to have her baby is already right around the corner! It seemed sooo far away back in February when she told us she was expecting!
 
Bailey is the closest friend to me to have a baby, so this is going to be an adjustment for us when we plan get togethers, to have to plan to accomodate a little human as well! (Even though we have already gotten a taste of this with Kelli and Brady :) ) I can't wait, though! I already know Harper is going to be the cutest thing and is going to be loved so much! I can't wait to meet her and snuggle her tight!
 
Bailey and Josh shared the news with Lauren and I and our husbands on Super Bowl Sunday this past February. I think it was a complete shock to Lauren, but I had already had a feeling that this news was coming! (I know - no one likes a know-it-all, but I did, okay?!) In the week or so before she told us, there were a few clues that I caught on to that made me expect the news!

Clue #1: In the week or so leading up to our little get together, I had noticed that Bailey had started to Pin quite a few baby things on Pinterest... now I don't know why that made me think anything was out of sorts because I pin baby stuff all the time and I'm not expecting to get pregnant any time soon, but I guess that little thing just put the initial thought in my head. This caused me to mention something to Trent the night before the party that I thought Bay was pregnant. I wanted to say something to him so I would have someone that could vouch for me when I said that I knew it later!

Clue #2: Bailey and Josh arrived to our house on Super Bowl Sunday before Lauren and Alex were there. They walked in with a box that had a cookie cake in it and Josh had some beverages to drink in his hands. Bailey had not brought anything with her to drink... So this also fit into my little pregnancy puzzle I was putting together in my head. Either she wasn't going to be drinking that night or she was just going to be "borrowing" from us... we would find out! :)

Clue #3: The four of us were in the kitchen chatting and Bailey told a story about how they had gone to a sushi restaurant recently with some other people. Bailey then made a point to say "Well, they had sushi, but I didn't have any" or something to that effect. And Bailey really likes sushi, so that was quite odd for her (unless she was pregnant, that is)!

Clue #4: While we were standing around in the kitchen, the box with the cookie cake was sitting on the table and Trent walked over to it and asked, "What's this?" and was about to open the lid to take a look at it. Bailey very quickly stepped over to him and put her hand on the box so he couldn't open it and said "We have to wait for Lauren to get here." Trent and I both looked at each other and couldn't help but smile. It was then that I think we both knew that some big news was coming for sure.

We went back about our business and a little while later Lauren and Alex showed up. After a few minutes, Lauren decided to open the box and she saw what was inside...

 
The look on her face was priceless. She was so shocked and confused. That look quickly turned to happiness and excitement. There was a lot of hugging and jumping and squeeling in the minutes immediately after the news was out! It made for a very exciting day! I'd say there was definitely more talk about babies than there was about football the rest of the day!
 
Bailey and Josh the parents-to-be!!

Sorry for the bad phone pics :S


 And here's what my beautiful friend looked like just a few short months ago (in a picture I stole from her Facebook)! I can't wait to celebrate with her tomorrow as we shower her with love and help her get ready for Harper's arrival! 


1 comment:

  1. hehe! you are a know it all! I had told Bay when she started pinning baby items that I was NOT ready for one of my best friends to have a baby! But now I can't wait :)

    ReplyDelete