Last night, our Christmas tree took it's place in the corner of our living room, where it will sit for the next six weeks or so. We are officially "those people" who put their tree up before Thanksgiving... Sorry!
I guess our reasoning was that since Thanksgiving is later this year, and since we would be busy all next weekend, we wanted our tree and decorations to be up right when we got back from Thanksgiving so we could enjoy them for the whole month of December. So the tree went up last night and the decorations will go on it this weekend along with all the rest of the Christmas decorations in and outside the house. It all makes me very excited for all the fun stuff that goes along with this holiday season!
When we started talking about putting the tree up, I realized that I never took any pictures of our fall decorations that we had up this year. So in true Kendra-style, I took pictures of everything at the very last minute before I took them down and the tree went up. (Trent actually had the tree up in the living room before I was even done taking pictures of the fall stuff in the family room, so I really waited until the VERY last minute. And he wasn't kidding around about getting that tree up!)
Since I waited until last night to take pictures, they really aren't that great since it was completely dark outside and my phone doesn't take the best pictures with all the lamps and lights on to light the room. I did the best I could, though, and hopefully I've learned my lesson and will take Christmas pictures sometime during the day light before it's time to take them down.
Although I didn't take any pictures of what the house looked like last fall (because it really wasn't much to look at, I'm sure) I know that this year was a big step up just because I had a lot more to work with in terms of decorations. We just happened to be at Trent's parents house earlier this fall right before Trent's mom was preparing to bring some fall decor that she didn't want anymore to a consignment shop. She let me look through it and pick out anything that I wanted, and I think I ended up taking about 90% of it. It was very exciting! She has a beautiful house so I was very happy to be able to decorate our house with all the things that she no longer needed!
So here are some pictures. Again, not the best quality (I think that every one is blurry...), and it's nothing fancy, but it's something to look back on next year and check out how things have changed!
![]() |
| Trent thought he'd be funny and try to stand in all of my pictures for a while. Thankfully he got bored with that very quickly! |
And THIS picture.
This is from right when I was sitting down to have supper last night. Trent made chicken and noodles.
He really likes chicken and noodles if you couldn't tell by the mound of it on his plate.
He is very serious about it...
Despite him being a super dork, supper was great! (Just kidding, I love that he's a dork!) I'm very grateful to have a husband who has supper ready when I get home from work most nights!

















No comments:
Post a Comment