Friday, February 14, 2014

Relationship Questions for Valentine's Day!

In the spirit of Valentines day, I thought it would be fun for Trent and I to answer the same questions about ourselves and our relationship and then compare them. We both answered the questions  separately without knowing how the other one answered and then I put them together below. My answers are in red and his are in blue. Some of Trent's answers really made me smile. It will be fun to go back answer these questions again in a few years and see how our answers have changed.


I hope you enjoy :)

What’s your spouse's  favorite food? 
I don't know if he has one... but I'll go with anything grilled...
Pizza… lasagna…

What's your favorite food?
I like melted cheese and bread :) I'm a big fan of pizza, though (most unhealthy things)
I'm not sure I have a favorite food... I like chips and salsa a lot... My favorite meal would probably be chicken breasts on the grill, baked potatoes, and a salad...

What’s your partner’s favorite band/artist? 
I'm going to go with Shane and Shane, but I'm not certain if he has a favorite...
I’d say Jeremy Camp

What's your favorite band/artist?
I have a few favorites... Jeremy Camp is at the top along with Casting Crowns and Rascal Flatts, of course!
I like Shane and Shane pretty well... but I don't know if they are my favorite... or if I have a favorite...

What’s the one thing (apart from you, of course) that they would save in a fire? 
Well, of course, Mattie... but other than that, his computer or guns...? I don't know lol
Mattie… our dog….  If Mattie was safe, I would guess her laptop since it has a ton of pictures and videos on it….  She really should back everything up…. 

What's one thing (apart from your spouse) that you would save in a fire?
Mattie, of course, but besides her, it'd probably be pictures (which are mostly all on my laptop) and my box of stuff that has to do with my dad. (Let's just hope the house never starts on fire. I'd never get out because I'd be trying to save too much stuff. I think I need to get a huge fireproof safe or something!!)
MATTIE!!! But, if she's safe, I would save KENDRA's laptop because I know she hasn't backed it up and there is a lot of important items on there! If she's already grabbed her laptop, I'd probably grab the box I keep a lot of things that have sentimental value to me in...


How many children does your partner want? 
2 (but I'm hoping that he'll fall so in love with our children, he'll want to have many more!)
10 --- sorry Kendra, that isn’t going to happen… 

How many children do you want?
I don't know an exact number (because I don't know what it's even like to have one) but I'll say around 5 or so.
MAX of two. NO TWINS :)

What’s your partner’s nickname for you? 
I thought it was Buttercup until I found out that he calls everyone that!
If she isn’t happy with me she calls me “Dear”… otherwise she calls me Babe a lot… 

What is your nickname for your spouse?
I call him all sorts of nice names like Honey, Dear, and Babe.
I don't really think I have a nickname for Kendra... I call her lots of different things, but I don't have a go to nickname really.


How long have you been together?
Officially "together" for almost 5 years and married for 3 years in May. 
I think we started dating in May of 2009ish…. But we had been friends and knew each other for a while before that….


Who said "I love you" first? 
He did. I was kind of in shock when he did. But I loved it.
I did… and she didn’t even say it back right away… 

Who asked who out?  
I think he asked me out right after I told him that I loved him... we did it a little backwards, I guess!
I asked Kendra out first.

Who kissed who first? 
I think this was a team effort, too!
She kissed me first…. She couldn’t resist... jk… I probably initiated the first kiss. 

Who proposed? 
He did. :)
I did.
I was pretty happy with the fact that he did :)
Who eats more? 
Probably me... I like food.
I probably eat more, but I eat healthier! 

Who chooses the movies you watch? 
It depends... He likes to watch movies more than me and cares what we watch, so probably him. (He always says I can pick though cuz he's nice like that!)
ME.  Kendra is easy going and is willing to watch almost anything…


Who is taller? 
I think he wins by a nano-inch when I don't have shoes on. But if I have heels on, then me.
ME


Who sleeps more? 
During the week, he does for sure! But if we had a sleeping contest, I am sure I would win!
ME

Who sings better? 
Trent by a long shot! But I sure try my best!
Kendra sings more often… but sometimes she is a little off pitch. 

Who is smarter? 
We each have our own things we're "smart" at!
...It depends on the topic

Who can't take a joke? 
He would say hands down me... but we both have our days.
Kendra….  She is a little bit more sensitive than I am… not in a bad way though…

Who's temper is worse? 
Haha. I'd say it's a tie!
Kendra's!

Who does the laundry? 
I do it more, but he occasionally helps. And, no matter what, I always fold (or I refold what he folds).
Kendra does more often than I do… but I do contribute….  I never fold though… she makes fun of the way I fold clothes, so I gave up on it. 

Who does the dishes? 
The dishwasher... but I know he thinks he deals with the dishes more than I do. 
We both contribute… but I think I unload and load the dishwasher more. 

Who sleeps on the right side of the bed? 
He does, since that's the side of the bed that the bad guys would go to first if they came into our bedroom.
ME

Who is better with the computer? 
Trent for sure!
ME

Who mows the lawn? 
That's all Trent! I stopped mowing the lawn right when I moved out of my parents' house. :)
I do. I don't think she even knows how to start the mower!

Who cooks dinner? 
Trent most of the time... (But to be fair, it's because he gets home from work a lot earlier than I do). I'm pretty lucky to get home and have supper waiting for me most nights!
I do more, but only because I typically get home earlier than Kendra. 

Who drives when you are together? 
Usually Trent, but I will drive if he wants me to!
I drive more… but Kendra is always willing to drive when I don’t want to… 

Who has the nicer vehicle? 
We are fortunate to have two nice vehicles, but he has the newer car, so it's nicer. My car has unfortunately taken a bit of a beating in the 3 years we've had it.
I drive our nicer car…. But she drove the nicer of our cars before we bought our most recent…

Who had more kisses before your relationship? 
Well we've never sat down and figured it out, but I know it's not me.
Like kissed more people??  What kind of questions is this?! 

Who pays when you go out? 
Well, the money is both of ours... but we usually use Trent's card, and then I add on the tip and he signs the receipt... it's a team effort.
I pay, but Kendra usually figures the tip…

What is your partner’s most annoying habit? 
Leaving his clothes on the floor in front of his dresser!! It's like the limbo zone between him not wanting to put it back in the closet or dresser and not wanting to commit to putting it in the hamper!! Just put it somewhere that's not on the floor!!
She sheds…. 

What would your partner say is your most annoying habit? 
I'm sure his list of things that I do to annoy him is long, but I'll go with leaving dishes in the sink with water in them... 
I seem to leave a pile of clothes on the floor in front of the dresser… 

Who would play your partner in a movie?  
I'm basing my answer off of looks mostly. If it was just a normal person playing Trent in a movie, it would be this guy who was an assistant basketball coach at AWV last year. I always thought that they looked alike. I can't say if he's a good actor or not though :)
Just in case you were wondering, Trent is on the left!



And if I had to pick an actor. I might go with Chris Pine. He's in movies like the new Star Trek movies and Unstoppable. (And I guess I could play myself in this movie if they need me to!!)


NO one is worthy to play Kendra in a movie!

Who is most stubborn? 
We are both very stubborn...
KENDRA… she is WAY more stubborn than I am. 

Who is the first to admit when they are wrong? 
Me... Only because Trent is too stubborn and I get frustrated and just give in usually!
I would be… if I was ever wrong…. 

Who brings home the bacon? 
We don't eat much bacon... But I'd say whoever is getting the groceries is who brings it home.
Kendra is my sugar momma…. 

Who is more sensitive? 
Me - but he can be a pretty sensitive guy, too.
Kendra….  

Who is more likely to lose it in public? 
Heehee... Probably me! I'm not proud of that, though!
Lose what?  Kendra is forgetful, so she would be the one to lose something… 

Happy Valentines Day!!

1 comment:

  1. These are great! You could play yourself in a movie with Chris Pine if you had to ;) haha

    ReplyDelete